Verizon Wireless - Charged for service not received

Posted on Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 at 12:48pm CDT by Lawrence B.

Company: Verizon Wireless

URL: verizonwireless.com

Category: Telecommunications

Verizon wireless charges for an entire month of service when you port a phone number to another carrier. I was with Verizon for seven years and after I fulfilled my entire contract I expected someone to contact me as to my intentions towards continuing with Verizon. Since they were charging me twice as much as another carrier would, I decided to switch. While waiting for my new phone from the less expensive carrier, I had to continue with Verizon for four days so I would have a phone. Upon receipt of the new phone, I went and had my number ported from Verizon to Cricket. All of the required porting, etc. was done in less than 15 minutes. When my phone number was called, there was no service with Verizon. My Cricket phone would ring, not my Verizon phone. Upon receipt of my last bill from Verizon, I saw I was charged for an entire month of service when I did not receive any service whatsoever from them. I called about the bill, and was told basically they charged for that month because they could. I will never use Verizon or anything involving them for the rest of my life, and I am telling everyone I know what a bunch of thieves Verizon is. It is now my life's calling, you might say. I would have felt better if they put on a mask and held a gun on me so their thievery would be more legitimate. A pox on the entire company.

45f77644, 2014-04-22, 03:11PM CDT

Sprint Nextel tried to do the same thing to me several years ago. I prorated the monthly amount and paid them the 3 whole days that they were due. I ended up contacting the State Attorney General and filed a complaint with the FCC. In the end, Sprint Nextel credited my account and closed it. :)