Santander Consumer - Stop Santander from abusing their consumers!

Posted on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 at 10:07pm CDT by Jennifer B.

Company: Santander Consumer

Location: PO Box 961245
FORT WORTH, TX, 76161, US

URL: https://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/

Category: Business, Finances

I have started 2 petitions to help everyone wronged by Santander Consumers. I am trying to gather everyone (which there are tens of thousands!) who have been wronged by this company and it's bulldozer tactics. I'm contacting their attorneys as well as news stations, please help by uniting us all and signing these petitions to bring justice for every hard working person being taken advantage of by their unethical acts!

Since the very beginning Santander Consumer has been misinforming and deceiving my sister and I regarding our loan, resulting in thousands of dollars applied to interest rather than principal. Many of these payments were representative advised, and we were directly told would be in the best interest of the loan. A direct result of Santander Consumers' inability to communicate their practices to their consumers accurately, we have suffered financially, mentally and have been forced to waste a monumental amount of time. Whether it was intentional deception or incompetence, Santander Consumers' completely unethical business practices have made it impossible for two hard working Americans to conceivably pay off this loan.

When requesting mailed documentation regarding the loan, fees, applied payments and interest, we are given the run around, ignored or our calls are simply terminated. Which is funny because try being one day late and see how many harassing phone calls you receive from them. This has made it very difficult to seek legal advise. Hundreds of phone calls (all documented) have transpired with representatives constantly misinforming us. We want nothing more than a fair obtainable loan, for our past representative advised payments to be applied to our principal balance. We plan on continuing to follow up with whatever parties are necessary until this issue is resolved.

Linda G., 2013-07-19, 12:59PM CDT

I have filed a complaint with the New York State Office of the Attorney General. It is being handled by Manuel Perez of that office. I believe a class action should be in place regarding the deceptive business practice of applying ungodly amounts of interest. If you know of one, please contact me.