Food Lion Inc. - DO not buy gift cards from Food Lion Inc.

Posted on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 at 9:16am CDT by brian s.

Product: Food Lion Inc.

Company: Food Lion Inc.

Location: 2110 executive drive Salisbury NC 28145
RALEIGH, NC, 27614, US

Category: Stores, Shopping

I purchased the wrong gift cards at a local food lion in Raleigh NC, and within 5-6 minutes realized the error. I went back into the store to exchange them for the correct gift cards. They said not only would they not exchange them but that they would not refund them. I called corporate and they said that the gift cards that I bought would need to be refunded by the company (Claire's) SO I called the number that Food Lion gave me and when I spoke with the two people at Claire's they said Food Lion would need to refund me the money. I called Food Lion back and they basically said sorry too bad, we will not refund they money. The receipt clearly says that Receipt is required for refund, which I have. Nowhere does it say sales are final. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney Generals office in addition to a negative review at www.pissedconsumer.com I will take Food Lion Inc. to small claims court if I do not get my refund soon. Terrible customer service, and I will stop spending the thousands a year that our family spent there.