Whirlpool - Terrible Quality Defective Whirlpool Rust on Oven Range

Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 6:05pm CDT by 70f9a95b

Product: Whirlpool Oven and Range

Company: Whirlpool

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

I spent the extra money and bought a very nice looking Whirlpool range and oven. Within months it started rusting. I keep a meticulously clean kitchen and I've never had this problem with any other appliance. I sent letters to no avail. Whirlpool said that their warranty on rust was only 30 days! They refused to do anything about it and told me to go ahead and sue them. Terrible product. Defective from the factory. Do not ever buy a Whirlpool product as they do not stand behind it.

JOYCE L., 2013-09-25, 06:57PM CDT

PURCHASED WHIRLPOOL WASHER IN 2010. BROKE DOWN 2013. COST MORE TO REPAIR THAN ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE. CUSTOMER SERVICE SAID HAVE A NICE DAY. WHIRLPOOL USED TO BE A QUALITY PRODUCT- NO MORE.

Chele, 2015-05-13, 08:53PM CDT

I have a 3.5 year old whirlpool range. Rust began appearing on oven door and has now been appearing on the accessories drawer, like a lumpy cancer under the paint. I, too, keep a clean, dry home. There is no conceivable reason for this to occur. An appliance---a STOVE---can't go 3.5 without rust? My 2007 car has no rust!!!! Why should an indoor appliance that had no contact with water be a rust bucket?

I don't suppose I have any recourse.