The Gap - The Gap is a horrible company with terrible quality

Posted on Friday, June 7th, 2013 at 10:44am CDT by Michael R.

Product: Clothing

Company: The Gap

Location: NY, US

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

I purchased a while back about $50.00 worth of clothes at a store in New York. I signed up with them for their credit card because I was offered a 10% discount on the purchases that day. I received the bill a few weeks later and paid it in full within the time frame the bill stated. Well they didn't receive my check apparently as I received a bill the following month and there was an interest charge added and a late fee. i called them and explained that I sent a check and they informed me that there was nothing that could be done. I said I will send another check but wanted to make a claim disputing the interest and late fees to see if they could be refunded. I recall the late fee being something in the order of $20.00 which is nearly half the total charge of the clothes in the first place. I felt this was unfair. I waited for the claim to arrive and it didn't come and I received another bill. This one again had late fees and interest. It showed my payment of the full amount I charged in the purchase, but kept on piling up charges. Now the fees they added totaled more than the initial charges. I called again to complain and learned that the claim against the first charge could be filed but since I didn't file it in the first place, any subsequent charges would be owed in full.

Screw them. I never paid them a dime, I gave up. It damaged my credit. But if I can prevent future customers from shopping there it will be worth it.