Deleted Complaint

This complaint has been deleted.

Nina S., 2013-07-01, 10:32PM CDT

I ordered from HD Projector World June 2, and almost the exact same thing happened as the comment above. Only they phoned two days later to say, the model I ordered was no longer available and for $100.00, they would upgrade to a newer model. Of course, the original order never arrived, after almost three weeks, they said they would trace my package and then a week later stated it was truly lost. ( I never received a tracking number from them). I was promised a two day express delivery on a new shipment. A week later, still no projector. I emailed to request a refund to my credit card. Now they want me to verify my card number, which I am reluctant to do They promise an apology check of $50.00 as well. I plan to file a dispute through my credit card company. They are not to be trusted!

86e7d6e0, 2013-10-04, 05:29AM CDT

Julie V.- Same scenario as above. I issued a fraud alert to my credit card company. I ordered a projector and they gave me the runaround. Also issued a fraudulent tracking number from Fedex. The credit card company is optimistic they can get a refund to my card

because I called quickly. Don't buy here! September 30, 2013.

michael b., 2013-12-18, 11:50PM CST

I had similar experience I bought a projector for $349.00 after days of calling an emails a bogus federal express tracking info was sent to me when the date of delivery passed and no item received I contacted fedx who inform me they only receive information but no actually goods was delivered to them for shipment I have since contacted trust guard who open a dispute in my name

1480cb2a, 2013-12-20, 09:40AM CST

I really wished I would have read these posts, but the same thing is happening to me. I ordered a projector 11/18/13 and waited for my order they gave me a bogus fed ex number, it was supposed to arrive 12/04/13. Still not received my projector. They gave me a new express tracking number and it is supposed to arrive before Christmas, I put a tracking alert on this number and they have yet to give my projector to the shipping company. I am not sure how to get my money back if I could, open for any suggestions.

a0900411, 2014-03-28, 05:36PM CDT

I am extremely leery of this company. I ordered a projector on January 30th 2014 and it has been nothing but a hassle for the last two months. After repeated calls and numerous fake fed ex tracking numbers, I cancelled my order and requested a refund. I even heard another rep yelling at another customer. So unprofessional! It has been 3 weeks since my refund was requested and I have yet to see a credit. However, I did get hit with $1500.00 worth of fraud charges for airline tickets to the middle east? Coincidence? I think not!

Dale F., 2014-04-21, 01:35PM CDT

Do not do business with this company. I am sorry I did and will not do business with them or any other company without doing a company search first and see other peoples experiences were with the company. I returned my projector for repair. It has been 5 months and I am still waiting for my projector to be returned. First they told me they were waiting on parts for the first 3 months. They told me they had it fixed and it was shipped out. I never got it. When I called back they gave me the story that UPS lost it but they would send out another one. Still no projector. I called back and they then told me they needed an address not a PO Box (which I believe they already had) so I gave them my address again. Still no projector so I called and asked them for a tracking number and they finally gave me a FedEx tracking number the package was to be shipped 4/14/2014 and the delivery date was to be 4/21/2014. I have be looking up the status and it still shows that on 4/14/2014 - Monday

2:30 pm

Shipment information sent to FedEx it is now the 4/21/2104 and it still has not been shipped.

Pon P., 2014-04-28, 11:42AM CDT

"DO NOT do business with this company!!! I placed my order 3/31/2014 and as of 4/28/14 have yet to receive my shipment. I was told at first it went out via Canada Post w/o a tracking number (3-5 days shipping). Never received it and called back and they gave me a FedEx tracking number that still shows that only the information was sent to them on 4/08/2014,, but they never received ant packages. I called again and they claimed that it was lost by FedEx and did their "investigation". Called back again and they gave me a Canada Post Express tracking number (was suppose to ship 4/22/2014) which STILL shows that the info was sent, but no packages received by Canada Post. Called back and they said it would ship 4/24/2014 with no real reason as to why. Called back again on 4/28/2014 and they said it would ship today or likely tomorrow as they were getting more stock. I swear they said they manufacture these. The site says it too. I cancelled my order 4/28/2014 and they said my bank should process it in 5-7 days. I have this horrible feeling I will never see the money or the projector I ordered.

Again DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Search other reviews and you'll understand why. I wish I had before I placed an order with them."

LISA C., 2014-05-22, 04:12PM CDT

Ditto. Ditto.Ditto. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company.

Pon P., 2014-05-22, 04:29PM CDT

Do not trust the reseller ratings for this company either. I posted a complaint and rating for this company and they pulled it because HDProjectorworld.com claimed I violated policy #9: The posting references an order, transaction, or other form of submission by the user, where an intent to do business or to make a purchase did not occur.

So I sent in my invoice along with the bogus tracking numbers and they have yet to reinstate my rating. I've sent them multiple emails and have yet to get a response from them. Do not trust any positive ratings of this company. It looks very suspicious when someone has a valid rating with supporting document and the rating still gets pulled.

fa2ca601, 2014-05-27, 12:34PM CDT

Ditto every one is telling my story 32 days later still no projector. I filed a dispute with my Credit card co. At this point I don't want the projector trust is lost who is to say that they will stand by it if it goes out. They offered me a $50 credit and an extra 1 year warrantee which I never did see. Do not buy from this company.

John L

d7578385, 2014-07-11, 07:21PM CDT

I have had the same issue with this company. I am reporting them to the better business burea and I need to call my Bank to see if they can reverse the charges. They gave an bogus tracking number they promised 3-5 ays delivery and it is 2 weeks later. They are a total ripoff company.

6d6878fa, 2014-07-24, 01:00PM CDT

This very same thing happened to me. I had ordered a projector for my husband as an anniversary present on July 4. The website clearly stated that orders would be shipped within 24 hrs and would include a free wall mount and carrying case. A week went by and I never received a tracking number or shipping notification so I called to speak with a representative (Red flag #1). I was told that my order had shipped the day before and there was no tracking number because of the type of carrier they used. I informed them that I had ordered the projector as a gift and absolutely had to have it on my doorstep within one week from the date of the original call. They assured me that it would arrive on time and that there would be no issues. Another week went by and still no projector. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and let an additional day go by before I called again. This time I was put on hold for about 15 mins and then told that they had a tracking number (Red flag #2). I immediately asked for the tracking number so that I could see for myself where my order was. They told me that during their investigation they discovered that the product was lost at the carrier facility. I explained how upset I was about the shipping delay because I now was empty handed on my anniversary. The manager tried to upgrade me to a $100 more expensive projector with overnight shipping but I insisted on getting the credit toward the projector that I ordered and that my original order be shipped overnight (This was on a Thursday). I received my order the following Monday and when I opened the box the bottom of the projector was scratched, the game controller looked like someone had drug it across concrete, and the wall mount and carrying case were missing (Red flag #3). It looked as if I had purchased the unit from a yard sale. This time my husband called to complain and they promised him an additional $50 refund for the damage and promised to ship out the missing products. When my husband got home, he tried to turn the projector on and it sparked and started smoking. He immediately called the company again and was told that in order for us to receive a refund or working product we must pay for return shipping back to Canada and and wait for them to receive it back (Final straw!). To ship this used and defective product back to Canada it will cost us an additional $50-80 dollars with tracking. I DO NOT trust this company AT ALL. We are now fighting the company through our credit card. We refuse to pay return shipping on a defective product that we will most likely not be refunded for.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY, IT IS A SCAM!!

Tony L., 2014-07-31, 02:27PM CDT

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I ordered a projector from them on 7/9/14. I waited the 3 days they said it would take for delivery. I emailed them requesting a tracking number. They sent me a Fedex number and said delivery on a certain date. On delivery day nothing next day I called Fedex they told me they had no record of picking up shipment and tracking number we were given was not a legit number. I called Jason at projector world. He apologized said they had a delay and would be on expidated shiping with delivery by Wed.(yesterday) It sounded a little suspicious so we called our credit card company. They agreed it sounded like a scam so they put a stop on it and told us they would take care of it and gave us credit. Today I called Jason again and he came out with several excuses again. I told him to cancel order and that our credit card had been notified. THIS IS DEFINATELY A SCAM!

4e71e658, 2014-08-09, 06:28PM CDT

Well I cannot believe I have been scammed Again!! I guess we just have to do business with our local stores. The internet is just getting to dangerous. Everything said by others about this has happened to me. Were is the fraud protection in this country? I think their are more scams than legitimate companies out there. I have just about had it! My projector did not arrive nor did FedEx or UPS know anything about it. I never even got a tracking number.

Tom P., 2014-08-11, 02:14PM CDT

What can I say, other than I am cureently experiencing the same 'run around'. The projector specs and price looked good, so I order on 20 July. Two tracking numbers provided so far, but no package to track~! Very frustrating and disappointing, and hard to believe they are still in business~!

69fec9fa, 2014-08-28, 05:41PM CDT

Crooks thieves deceptive LIARS bad product. Worked 4x then sizzles and went out. RUN FROM THEM. They never ship and then lie and say it was shipped

David, 2014-09-05, 12:24PM CDT

!!!!!DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HDPROJECTORWORLD.COM!!!!!!!

How do these people stay in business? when you search HD projectors they are on the top of the list how can they be there when they have horrible business ethics? There M.O. is sorry we forgot to send out the projector then they will say that Fed Ex has lost it! Scammers! Un-ethical! I had to file a claim against them!

!!!!!DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!!!

86202c76, 2014-09-09, 07:02PM CDT

I also bought and never received the product . I purchased this on aug 18th 2014 and was told I would have it in 5 business days, I called after 2 weeks and was told they would do a investigation I informed them I did it myself and found out they sent out pickup ticket but no product was shipped. they told me that they would send another one out in two business days, well you guessed it its September 9 2014 haven't received anything from them not even a call ,even though I left several messages. these people need to be shut down if they are truly are scammers.

joann p., 2014-09-18, 07:56PM CDT

So, I am updating my complaint on this company. I had pretty much the same problem as everyone else here. FedEx number, damaged product, etc...

At first I was afraid I would never see the product or my money. And then after receiving it damaged I was afraid I was just out $500 bux. After contacting the company I received a call from management and was told I would receive a refund and to just keep the equipment. This is a major move to clearing there name. I am also told that the equipment is coming from Canada so it may have some real issues going through customs. Which I understand having worked at the airport and witnessing their procedure or lack of.

But I was very impressed how, not only was my money returned but how the manager not only emailed, me but called me today to check up on the refund. I'm just sorry that I have damaged equipment and the purchase was not smooth. But he also advised me that they will guarantee or fix any problems. I had to follow up my complaint and hope that everyone who has been negatively affected will be settled and follow up on their own complaint.

6c4d4ae0, 2014-09-21, 01:58PM CDT

I had the same delivery issues - they tell you 3-5 days delivery - it took a month before I received it. My biggest issue is the product quality. I ordered the "PRO Series 7".

The one I received was a very bad quality. I've had a couple projectors in past and this one is the worst by far. I could not even watch 30 mins of it.

I even called the company & made sure I had everything was hooked up correct and configured correct. (which I did) Didn't help.

I will never order anything from them again.

My Lesson Learned: ALWAYS ORDER BRAND NAME PROJECTORS LIKE SONY, EPSON, VIEWSONIC

faa14ad5, 2014-10-03, 06:20PM CDT

OK my story is a little different. First there is a guy who answers the phone who is an arrogant A$$. This little tool is rude to the core and thinks hes intelligent. if he was as smart as he thinks he is he probably wouldn't be answering phones at a retailer. I had purchased a projector which took MUCH longer to receive than i was told it would be. Called to ask why and phone A$$ said ..."it takes 5- 8 business days." I said yes and business days are Monday through Friday non holidays and since its been 29 that's longer than 5-8. he said it would be here guaranteed by Thursday and it wasn't. finally arrived after 42 days. The projector broke and honestly they were great about repairing it and then even said that the better LED projector which would last longer was less money if I wanted to trade up they would refund me the difference!! GREAT! then it came! VERY fast!? so its hit or miss but still the little boy who answers the phone with his jack a$$ attitude ... i hope u are reading this u little prick. you are a phone operator at a retail store. get over yourself im a millionaire and u are a little prick.

9f3d78ba, 2014-10-13, 10:59AM CDT

i agree that you should not do business with this company. projector promised in 5-7 days; it took over a month. when i ordered it i asked if i could return it if it was not the right thing and was told that i could. no mention of the 15% restock fee!!!!!!!! this information was not in the order information so i dont think that it is legal!!!!!!. It cost me $65.00 to return the thing to canada!!!!!!!!! this information again was not explained to me. with all these complaints i dont know how it hasn't been shut down!!!!! they also gave me wrong tracking numbers and promises of delivery and finally delivered the projector to my home instead of the church where it was supposed to go. Not up front with all information. Dont order from this site!!!!

065a87b2, 2014-10-13, 10:05PM CDT

I also wish I would have read these complaints or done more research on this company. I placed and order on 9?30/14 and cancelled it the same day. They still charged my card and said it would be 7 days before I get a refund. As of tomorrow it will be 14 days. I will be calling my bank tomorrow.

Jack B., 2014-11-12, 03:47PM CST

I bought a projector Pro Series 9 (1000 lumens) . I'm not very contented. The picture is not clear. Over 2 month for refund! Many call for refund!!!

David Greenberg, 2014-11-19, 08:12AM CST

Well, I guess I should have read this page first. I'm now thinking I too, have just thrown away 500 bucks. I'm on my 3rd week of waiting, and was just told by Manager, James, today, that the projector will be re-shipped, expedited. If I get a projector, and it's not complete junk - I will be glad to update this comment. That being said, even if they make it right, I haven't been at ALL happy with my experience, thus far.

David Greenberg, 2014-11-19, 08:39AM CST

Update on above comment.

Well, it occurred to me that I don't want these guys having my cc info on file, so I've cancelled my card and am awaiting the replacement. Major inconvenience for me, but if they're willing to rip me off for the cost of a projector, where is their line in the sand? I've also noticed a huge increase in spam e-mails, since I forayed into this misguided venture. That tells me that they didn't waste any time selling my info, and perhaps - if any projectors actually exist - they could better spend that time shipping.

Here's the thing. I don't really care so much about the money. We're talking GEAR here. Insurance companies, lawyers, bill collectors and dentists - you expect to get burned. That's what they do. But AV companies? I've been buying and building audio-video equipment since I was in plastic pants, and NEVER have I had a problem. You just expect a little more from gear companies.

I feel betrayed. We're in this vocation or avocation, because we love it. And the companies we deal with feel the same. I've never been ripped off by a gear company, and trust me, there will be a reckoning.

I have contacted the Attorney General of my state, and filed a report with the U.S. Postal service (who can prosecute mail fraud - even if they're not the actual shipper). I have a strong Internet presence, and the Social Networks will soon be abuzz.

But if you happen to be reading this, I assume that you too, are an AV geek. Don't make my mistake. You already know tons of great and reliable companies that ship awesome products all over the world. Your home theater is your child. Don't buy ANYTHING from HDProjectorWorld, Oxegenergy, Ox Electronics or BestAV. (A quick Google search will confirm that they're all the same DBA. And a Google street view will show you that the British Columbia address is a mail drop.)

8a7261c8, 2014-11-20, 12:50PM CST

Run around is all this company does. No honest answers, called, emailed to no advantage. Ordered Oct. 10,2014, charged my account on Oct.12,2014 and still nothing. After my fourth attempt to get an answer, now they tell me that they don't have any information on my order. Is this a fraud company? They even show a Chamber of Commerce logo. I tried to enter the business on their search and they have no company on their files by that name. FRAUD????

David Greenberg, 2014-11-20, 01:35PM CST

A quick search of the BBB site reveals their "score" as "F." BBB states that their logo on the site is not an official link/logo.