Holt Chrysler Dodge Jeep - Dealer screws customers

Posted on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 at 8:55pm CDT by Kenneth B.

Company: Holt Chrysler Dodge Jeep

Location: 1111 Interstate 20 East
ARLINGTON, TX, 76001, US

URL: http://www.holtchryslerjeepdodgesales.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

My wife and I purchased a 2007 Mitsubishi Raider from Holt Dodge. We purchased an extended warranty ($1,300.00) that covers mechanical failure of brake components (excluding wear and tear items). The warranty provides for repairs being made at any qualified shop.We signed the contract two days ago. This morning the brakes began to make a grinding noise and stopped operating normally. I was in early rush hour traffic on my way to work and was forced to pull into a local brake repair shop. (Just Brakes). Upon inspection, it was discovered that there was a laundry-list of problems with the brake system on all 4 wheels... including fluid leaks and torn seals. The pads were crystallized and the rotors warped and uneven. The technician reported that the rear brakes were still in their original installation and had never been inspected or

examined, despite having approx. 96k miles on the odometer.The repairs ended up costing $581.20. When the repair shop called the warranty company in order to file a claim they were told that there would be no compensation because the problem was pre-existing.I spoke with Kyle Wood at the dealership about getting compensated for this cost, along with my lost wages. I was told that they were not responsible because I did not bring the truck back to them for repair. My belief is that the dealership had the responsibility to ensure that the important safety issues, such as brakes, were checked before they sold the truck, and that they did not do this, nor did they reveal to me that there was a problem with the brakes. I would NOT have knowingly purchased a vehicle with such damaged brakes.I then requested that the contract be cancelled and my down payment be returned, along with the vehicle that I traded in. At this point I was given the runaround and told that they had no problem with this IF the accounting office had not processed the paperwork... unfortunately, the accounting office was closed for the day. I was promised a phone call tomorrow. (This call never happened)

Kenneth B., 2013-05-28, 03:04PM CDT

This issue was resolved. The Holt Chrysler has reimbursed me for the brake repair.

Hope F., 2015-06-10, 01:05PM CDT

Avoid this dealership - there are too many other dealerships who would love to help you before and after the sale.

Once your sale is final with this dealership they don't care about you. Terrible chaotic mess at this dealership. Impossible to speak to anyone on the phone - they blame their phone system but are doing nothing about fixing it.

Service department kept my Jeep for an entire week to check a potential problem with the brakes. When I finally got my vehicle back there were 100 additional miles on it and "nothing wrong with the brakes". Of course since it was warranty work they weren't in any hurry to get to my vehicle when they could be working on others that would bring them money.

I have been trying for two days to speak to someone in Finance. I call, am placed on hold for 20 to 30 minutes, mysteriously disconnected, call back, etc. I should not have to drive all the way down there from North of DFW to see if someone has time to lie to me in person.

I would not recommend this dealership to anyone.

Robert Allyn L., 2015-06-10, 04:29PM CDT

Hope: I will give you some advice:

You don't drive down and hope someone in Finance will see or have time to speak to you, You walk in the door and say to the receptionst, "I need to see the sales manager." Then don't move until he comes out his office to greet you or you are directed to enter his office. Make sure you are in the way and overhear all business at the counter. The more they tell you to go to witing rooms or they don't have time for you make sure it's more dificult to do business near you.

Next call Chrysler direct, register an official complaint about the mileage, time it took and outcome of the service visit. Make sure you tell them the problem is still there (or not)

Finally, as long as you bought a new vehical or Vehical with it's new warranty, you are first and foremost Chrysler Customer. Chrysler will hook you up with another dealer.