Priceline - Bait and Switch Cancellation Policy - WARNING

Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 at 11:58am CDT by Mark D.

Product: Travel

Company: Priceline

URL: www.priceline.com

Category: Travel, Vacations

I made a reservation for a hotel room on priceline.com and the listing said the hotel offered "Free Cancellation". When I chose my room, the cancellation policy details stated that I could cancel my reservation up until 3:59 PM local time on the day of check-in. However, the hotel cancellation policy I saw listed on the website turned out to be a policy you must "choose" before completing the reservation. Evidently, it is not rolled-in as a courtesy by either Priceline, or the hotel (even though the website shows you the hotel's cancellation details). My reservation paperwork says in the fine print that I will be charged in full if I cancel my reservation regardless of what the website says and customer relations says that's because I didn't "choose" the free cancellation option. Even if it is an oversight to assume free cancellation was included as the hotel listing implied, customer relations is not willing to work with paying customers to correct the mistake in the reservation. I will no longer use Priceline for my travel arrangements because their customer support is not willing to help you. It is VERY misleading!