Visa - DON'T PURCHASE PREPAID VANILLA VISA CARDS

Company: Visa

Location: CA

URL: www.visaprepaidcanada.com

Category: Products, Services

I have been waiting over a week for the activation of my prepaid visa card. I was told it would take 3-5 business days as it was supposed to be activated within 30 minutes of purchase. No one is giving me an explanation as to what is happening. I'm supposed to just sit and wait to be contacted by them. I bought the card to purchase flowers online for my mother for mother's day. My order went through, its now late as hell. I informed my mother of the problem and informed her that her delivery wouldn't be until May 29th now due to the website I ordered it off of. They are tropical plants so it takes a little longer and were cheaper due to the wait. However, I am sure this order will bounce now due to the ongoing issues with Vanilla Visa. All you can talk to is telephone reps who tell you the same thing over and over again. You just want to jump through the phone and strangle them. I am so upset and don't know how these cards are still on the market. Do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY VANILLA VISA PREPAID credit cards. This is unacceptable. Their service, the wait, no explanations...I will tell anyone I see about to purchase these cards not too.

8766bedd, 2013-05-22, 09:11AM CDT

On the back of the card there should be issuer name, possibly a bank name. You can visit the issuer's web site or call the issuer, not the help/activation line, and find out who their regulatory agency is. Once you find out who their regulator is, you should contact their regulator and file a complaint. This should get you some attention, though it may not happen super fast. Just a thought.