Surety Law Group - Surety Law Group cannot be Trusted to do Good Business

Posted on Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 at 6:28pm CDT by Harold S.

Product: Help with foreclosures

Company: Surety Law Group

Location: 1629 K Street, N.W. Suite 300 Washington, D.C. 20006
WASHINGTON, DC, 20006, US

Category: Law, Civil Rights

I contacted Surety Law Group on May 6, 2007 to assist me with a foreclosure. I spoke with Jon Goldberg. I questioned Mr. Goldberg about the procedure for going about stopping the foreclosure on my home. I also asked him, that since the foreclosure was going to be the following morning, "was this going to be a time frame problem?" He responded, "No we just really need to get this done as soon as possible", and assured me the stop on the foreclosure would be done. After wiring $650.00 to a Surety bank account, I was to call and report the money had been paid. I called after paying the money and spoke with Jon again. He told me he could see the payment and that information was going with another batch to be handled by the end of the day. Then I got a call from a guy named Wyatt, who asked me filling bankruptcy was an option. They knew full well they had not made contact with the law firm that was handling my case at the end of the day. I informed them I would be filing a Chapter 13 the following morning. I did to keep my home out of foreclosure so that a modification could be done. I called the next morning to Surety Law group and spoke to a woman that sounded like she was from the streets. She changed the amount Jon had told me would be the cost of doing business if the procedure they were doing did not work. He quoted me a fee of $200.00 previously. Now this lady who sound like she was from the street changed that amount to $300.00. I called today, 5/14/2013, and asked for a receipt for payment ans was given the run around. The advertisement on the web site gives a phone number of 1-888-410-6555, and it doesn't work. A good phone number for them is 1-888-712-1125