Bloomingdales - Bloomingdales - Worst Customer Service! Avoid Buying From Their Stores and Website!

Posted on Saturday, May 11th, 2013 at 10:24am CDT by 135630b0

Company: Bloomingdales

URL: www.bloomingdales.com

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

Bloomingdales has the absolutely worse customer service and exchange/return policy! I purchased an item online at 20% off the normal retail price. After receiving the item and trying it on, I realized I needed a different size. I called customer service and asked for an exchange; I wanted the item in a different size and color (the color I originally wanted was not in stock at the time I made the purchase, but was in stock the day I called). Customer service said they would not allow an exchange on the item, because I wanted a different color. It was the same item at the same price! Also, because I called 16 days after the order date, they would not even exchange the item for a different size, because their exchange policy is 14 days. The only option I had was to return the item and then repurchase it, but that meant I would lose out on the 20% or $100 I had saved when I purchased the item during the promotion period. They would not even honor the 20% on my repurchase. I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was on hold for 20 minutes, only to have the c.s. rep come back on to ask if I wanted to continue to hold or leave my number for the supervisor to call back. I left my number; hours went by (at least 6 hours) and I did not receive one call from Bloomingdales. I called customer service to see what was going on, and the rep I spoke with said there was nothing documented about my earlier call. There was not one memo stating that the supervisor would return my call. It is unbelievable that a large, well-known retailer like Bloomingdales would have no record of customer calls. It appears they discount all customer issues and puposely avoid resolving those issues, hoping the customer would get tired of or forget calling customer service back. THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT NORDSTROM! They pride on their outstanding customer service. I will never shop at your stores again or purchase anything from your website.