All in One Handyman - Incomplete work

Posted on Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 at 10:19am CDT by Stan Z.

Product: Carpentry

Company: All in One Handyman

Location: OCEAN COUNTY, NJ, US

URL: [email protected]

Category: Building, Construction

In April, 2013, I engaged ALL IN ONE HANDYMAN (Richard Calkins, owner) to replace the facia and soffit on the front of my house in Loveladies, NJ. There were two price increases between an initial quote on the phone and the end of the job. I ended up paying him almost $100 an hour for his time. All that was left was to install three vents which were unavailable at the time. Calkins agreed to return to complete the job. I purchased the vents and requested he return. He stated he would not return unless he were paid an additional amount to install the vents. When I reminded him I had already paid him for a complete job, he hung up.

This is not the kind of contractor you want to deal with---ever!

Business Reply  richard c., 2013-06-03, 05:49PM CDT

Consumers should really know what they are Talking about , And get more then one estimate before paying for work to be done on there homes. No contractor can give an accurate esmate over the phone I really cant stand when Consumers play contractor if your not willing to pay for quality then dont call a licensed and insured company . Being disrespectful is no way to resolve anything and hurting someone is definetly no way get what you want stop being a cheap bastard. And pay for extra soffet .