Vivint also known as APX - Vivint refuses to refund for services that was not provided

Posted on Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 at 9:48am CDT by Feli O.

Product: Home Alarm System Company

Company: Vivint also known as APX

Location: 4931 North 300 West
PROVO, UT, 84604, US

URL: http://www.vivint.com/en/company/contact-us

Category: Home, Garden

Vivint refuses to refund my $200 for services that was not provided from Oct 2012 through March 2013.

Honestly, the APX; now called Vivint alarm System Company are completely unreasonable. To make a very long and painful story short here is the grievances this company has put me, my family and my landlord through.

The salesman was dishonest and very sneaky. He conned us into signing a contract which I later learned from a representative is only for home owners and we rented at the time. The salesman said that the system was completely free with a two year contact of $40 a month. Later we learned there was no such thing as a 2yr contact and that we had to pay $40 a month for the next 5yrs, totaling $2400. BTW, this system is junk and was installed very unprofessionally. The alarm sensors on the windows keep falling off which makes the alarm impossibly to set so we hardly ever used it. The salesman also said our house would be complete protected. After the installment, only the front and back door and living room were protected, none of the windows were alarmed. The salesman also explained to my landlord that he would have to sign as an approval to have the system put in his house. After 2yrs when we tried to cancel the contacted and discontinue payments, the company got ahold of our landlord's SS# and hit his credit. I was surprised we still had a place to live after this...

In the last 5yrs, we've contacted APX/ Vivint on numerous occasions and explained our situation and they had people come out and fix the system but it kept doing the same things over and over again. In addition, no one over the phone would listen or was willing to help with the whole contact deal. They would say the salesman no longer worked for them therefore there was nothing they could do about it.

Today, 5yrs later I was able to cancel the system. However, APX/ Vivint contained to receive payments five months after the cancellation from October 2013 to March 2013 and they refuse to return my money knowing the system had been shut off in October. What they are telling me over the phone is that my landlord has to call them except the cancellation and request that they refund my $200. Are you kidding me? My landlord does not want anything to do with your company and will not associate with you at all and is talking about suing. Seriously, how does this company operate like this?