Sprint - Hotspot

Posted on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 at 11:33pm CDT by Sheila S.

Product: hotspot

Company: Sprint

Location: KSOPHT0101-Z4300 6391 Sprint Parkway Overland Park KS 66251-4300
OVERLAND PARK, KS, 66251-4300, US

URL: sprint.com

Category: Consumer Electronics

I purchased a hotspot from Best Buy with service through Sprint and was told I could easily terminate service prior to one year with minimal penalty. The sales person held me hostage for hours and did not while doing other tasks and did not allow me to read the contract. After going out of town and not able to return product during trial period, I found that termination was not simple and the contract was not one year, but two. We did not use the hotspot much, as the service was not good outside of our home and we already had wifi. It was purchased as a gift for my spouse and intended to use outside of home and for travel. After misplacing the hotspot we never used, I called Sprint and was told I could change the plan to a basic cellphone plan, so I did since we do not have a home phone. After receiving the phone some and finding it not user friendly, we hardly used it until my stepdaughter asked to use for emergencies. That did not workout well and we are not sure of some of the charges and then the phone was lost and when receiving the unbelievable bill, Sprint would not waive any fees or the termination which should have been reduced to the poor representation by Best Buy.