Discover credit card - worst dispute service

Posted on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 at 4:35pm CDT by Fanty O.

Product: bank

Company: Discover credit card

Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US

Category: Business, Finances

Throughout several transaction disputes, I quit Discover in my life. They always stand on the side of the evil enterprises. They always believe the scam people, not the customers happily using the high rate cash back. Discover never cares about their customers. For the future safety, I stop all their services. I dispute the same cases through VISA, and VISA always takes care of my cases carefully. They keep tracking and figuring out what happened and happening. VISA does listen to their customers.

If you unfortunately meet any fraud transaction, do not expect you will get the money back since Discover will not help you at all. They will reverse your dispute whatever proof you provide to them.

8766bedd, 2013-05-22, 09:19AM CDT

I have been a customer of Discover and have two cards with them, one going back to the early 1990s. I have had serveral disputes and have NEVER had any problems disputing charges. I always telephoned the dipsutes in and Discover always sent me documents to complete with additional details. Discover always provisionally issued me a credit instantly on the phone, and then about a month later, they would send a letter stating that my disputes were settled in my favor and the matter was closed. Totally hassle free. Sorry your experience was different, but maybe your dispute details were not detailed enough, or maybe you didn't follow-up. Card issuers work under very strict dispute rules and chargeback rules.

Fanty O., 2013-05-22, 11:31AM CDT

I was pissed off because Discover always believe the documents provided by the fraud company. The scam provided receipt and shipping records, so did I. Plus, Discover never tell me the reason of dispute rejection. They just claim that they need further information. I could only dispute by e-mail or by mail, which is slow. I would use phone call if Discover allowed me to. I got the disputes resolved by myself, by providing the same information. I regret recommending this card to my friends.

Robin M., 2013-08-30, 07:34PM CDT

If your disputes details are as vague as your complaint here no wonder you didn't get a credit from Discover.