AT&T - Overcharge

Posted on Saturday, April 27th, 2013 at 2:25pm CDT by Terrie-Dawn C.

Product: Cell

Company: AT&T

URL: att.com

Category: Products, Services

Over a year ago AT&T forced me to get an upgraded cell, which didn't work. They sent a new part for it and a box to return the old one. I mailed the part in their box with their lable. They said they never got it even though I gave them the tracking number. Then, even though the bill was paid, they shut off the service! THEN THEY HAD THE NERVE TO PUT IT ON MY CREDIT REPORT!!!! Very stupid!

John M., 2013-05-20, 08:08PM CDT

Y'know, I have been a customer of AT&T for numerous services (landline, calling cards, cell, etc.) during various periods of time over many, many years. I have always been the first to highly praise them. But, a few months ago, I decided to switch service providers. Went to the local AT&T service location, made an inquiry concerning the contract expiration date and was told that date was April 28, 2013. Arranged to make the switchover on that date and subsequently received the final AT&T bill showing a $95 service charge for early cancellation of the contract. When contacted, the AT&T rep said the actual expiration date was April 30. No notes were in the file showing that I made the earlier inquiry and no waiver of the $95 fee was offered. Seems to me like there may be a concerted effort to dupe subscribers by misinformation. Read the contract, store it in a safe readily accessible location, put a tickler on your calendar to remind you of the expiration date and then wait an extra day or two beyond that before switching.

Robin M., 2013-08-30, 07:21PM CDT

By "force" I am assuming an employee of AT&T held a gun to your head and made you pick out a cell phone to upgrade to? Otherwise, you CHOSE to upgrade. Maybe you should use your words a bit more carefully in the future.