Choice Hotels/Quality Inn - Choice hotels/Quality Inn Ripoff

Product: Choice Hotels

Company: Choice Hotels/Quality Inn

URL: www.choicehotels.com

Category: Hotels

On March 17 I made an reservation on the Choice Hotels website for the Quality Inn in Staunton VA. This was a prepaid no cancellation reservation and my card was charged. I also signed up for Choice Privileges to get better deals in the future. On April 12 I received an email from Lucy at "Choice Cares" stating that the Quality Inn is now a Motel 6 and I needed to call Motel 6 to confirm my prepaid reservation. I called the Motel and the man said he could not find my reservation, they had no prepayment. I called back Choice Hotels and spoke to Kathy, she said they could not refund my money even though I made the reservation on the Choice Hotels website. She said the website was merely a reservation service and she could not help me. I told her the website says satisfaction guaranteed and does not say it is only a reservation service. I paid my money to the Choice Hotels website and they should refund my money. I called Motel 6 at 96 Baker Lane in Staunton 2 more times and spoke to 2 more people. 1 said they "found" my reservation, but the dates and address were wrong and there was no prepayment, the 2nd woman said I was not in the system and I would have to pay again. I called Choice Hotels again, and was again told there was nothing they could do, even though they took my money. Kathy said she would call the motel and call me back, SHE LIED.

Choice Hotels is the website for several substandard brands such as Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, and Suburban Down On Your Luck Extended Stay hotels. Stay away from these brands or they will rip you off too.

manny k., 2014-01-30, 10:51PM CST

As a rule you don't have to make reservation to any roadside motels or hotels. I traveled in sales for 20,years and never made advance reservation. One time my family and I decided to go to Disney World. I called few travel agencies and I was told by all that there are no rooms available at any price. SO!!!! We packed and drove care free to Disney World. We enter the park and checked in the Disney Contemporary Hotel got to the desk and asked for a room facing the lake. Guess what . We got a room facing the lake . My wife and I drove from Maryland To Arizona and we checked in to all road side motels with breakfast with absolutely no problem. Average price $60 Bucks.

Credit card issues can be resolved by calling the credit card and ask for dispute department. You will be surprised how quick you get your money back.