Jim Murphy Buick GMC - Damaged Molding

Posted on Saturday, April 20th, 2013 at 11:11am CDT by Walter K.

Product: Automobile Dealership

Company: Jim Murphy Buick GMC

Location: 3000 Walden Ave
DEPEW, NY, 14043, US

URL: http://www.jimmurphycars.com/HomePage

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

After reading all the great reviews on customer experience at Jim Murphy, I decided to purchase my 2012 GMC Sierra SLT Crew cab. The sales experience was great and the salesman assured me they strive to provide great customer service after the sale. Well that great experience was short lived, when I had to have warranty work done. My rear doors had an assembly defect with paint chips next to the window molding. The dealer repainted both rear doors, but the paint work had multiple horizontal scratches on both doors after the repaint. The paint work looked worse than before paint looked like a wire brush was pulled across the surface. I spoke with Bob the body shop manager and he assured me they would buff out. They had my truck the second time to buff the scratches out when I received my truck back, the scratches were still there and I noticed an orange peal in the paint surface. I was so frustrated that I spoke with the owner Jim Murphy, and he assigned Andy the service manager to oversee the repainting of my doors. The third time they got the paintwork right, but in the process they damaged my rubber molding next to the window. I called Andy and brought my truck in for inspection of damage, Andy mentioned the damage was there when I brought the truck in and would not do anything to correct it. My interior door panels were removed three times for paint and fitting, the panels also fit against the damage molding. I have contacted GMC Corporate and hope they will step in and replace the damage caused by this dealership. I never experienced such heart ache dealing with warranty work, from now on future service and warranty work will be done at Cappellinos were I purchased my previous automobile. Big mistake I cross shopped from Cappellinos where they gave me excellent service to save a couple of dollars. My suggestion is when you find a dealership with great after sale service stick with them.

Buyer beware!!!