HAIER AMERICA - Haier Washing Machine

Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 2:18pm CDT by Steve S.

Product: HAIER COMPACT WASHING MACHINE HLP21N

Company: HAIER AMERICA

Location: 1356 Broadway
NEW YORK, NY, 10018, US

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

On March 30, 2013 a Haier model HLP21N compact clothes washer was purchased on-line from Target. UPS delivery was significantly quicker than forecast by Target.

The washer did not work right, it would wash but not rinse or spin, it continually left clothes in a tub full of water. A call was made to Haier America for service under the manufacturer?s warranty which stated the availability of in home repair service. A week after contacting Haier I was still not contacted for a service appointment. It turns out the local repair company was out of business. A second call to Haier revealed that their second service contractor was also out of business.

I asked the Haier customer service to replace the defective unit, since it could not be repaired. They would not offer any resolution, either repair or replacement. They only said ?they would get back to me.?

I contacted Target who recommended that the washing machine be returned to a local Target store for a refund. Target gets high marks for their handling of the issue. I would recommend that products from Haier America be avoided, there is no way a Haier product with a problem can be repaired in the Albany, NY area and Haier doesn?t even know which of their service firms are even in business. I was extremely dissatisfied with their apparent tactic to ?stonewall? the issue and not offer any resolution of the problem. This is not the kind of company which deserves my business.