GE - GE Hybrid Water Heater

Posted on Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 at 12:17pm CDT by Bob B.

Product: GE Hybrid Water Heater

Company: GE

Location: FAIRFIELD, CT, 06828, US

URL: GE.com

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

Apparently the new GE Hybrid water heater has a real service problem.

I was told by the GE service center supervisor, that in order for the high efficiency portion of the heater to be serviced, the technician needs get behind the water heater. Almost impossible, when the heater is installed in a closet or even up against a wall. Note neither the marketing information or the installation instructions documented this. I was told that even though the heater is still under the GE warranty, I would have to pay a plumber to uninstall the heater and put it in the middle of the room in order for the technician to have full access to the rear of the unit, before they would honor the warranty. After the repair pay the plumber for another visit to reinstall the heater. Loosing 4-5 days of hot water in my house. I paid $1,730.92 for this ?high efficiency? heater. When a normal heater would have cost around $450 and now the high efficiency portion will not work unless I pay an additional unknown hundreds of dollars for two plumber visits. What good is the GE warranty, plus I wasted $1,280.92.

If this was my product I would want to know.

For resolve contact: