Atlantis Royal Towers - Beware, everyone!!!! I WAS STOLEN BY A HOTEL?S STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK OF ATLANTIS ROYAL TOWERS!!!

Posted on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 at 12:55pm CDT by Fabio A.

Product: Hotels

Company: Atlantis Royal Towers

Location: One Casino Drive
NASSAU, NEW PROVIDENCE, 90630, BS

URL: http://www.atlantis.com/default.aspx

Category: Hotels

Beware, everyone!!!!

I WAS STOLEN BY A HOTEL?S STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK OF ATLANTIS ROYAL TOWERS!!!Unfortunately, as it seems, not only in Brazil consumers have their rights violated. Some companies prefer to take advantage of their position and simply ignore when a costumer faces problems inside their domains. In my case specifically, The Atlantis Paradise Island, located in the Bahamas, a company with a great reputation, didn?t live up to its name.From the 18th to the 24th of January, both my girlfriend and I, stayed at the Atlantis Royal Towers, in The Bahamas. Even though the service was great and the accommodations wonderful, on the 23rd I decided to pay our bill and, apparently, something went wrong.Around midnight, 24th, I approached the front desk and explained my wish to end my debt. At first, we tried to solve this using a debit card, however it didn't work. I proceeded to the nearest ATM (in the Casino) and withdrew the amount necessary to pay the bill and returned to my room. On the last day, I went back to the front desk. I explained to the hotel employee I was checking out and wished to end my debt in cash. The concierge took the money and confirmed that the payment was done, gave me the change and said I owed nothing else. He, then, gave me the receipt in an envelope, which I took and left.

To my uttermost surprise, when my credit card company sent me my bill I noticed that I was being charged again, for the amount which I had already paid IN CASH at the moment of my check-out. For that reason, I immediately, contacted the hole, via phone, to try and solve the issue.

Mrs. Suzanna Knowles-Fernander, Quality Assurance Manager, said that to resolve that matter I would have to send an e-mail soliciting that an administrative investigation took place. Thus, I proceeded as instructed by Mrs. Suzanna Knowles-Fernander and sent an e-mail requiring that the company watched the footage of the security cameras to see that I wasn?t lying and just wanted to preserve my rights.

On February 20th, I sent an e-mail in which I elucidated every detail of the situation. However, the company didn?t respond. I insisted and sent another e-mail on February 28th, to which I got a response on March 4th. And once again, I was taken by surprise.

The hotel offered me a 2 night complimentary stay at the Royal Towers Water view, which added up to US$640.00 and was far from what I had been charged. Hence, on the 15th of March, around 5 p.m., Caribbean time, I tried calling the hotel to discuss the problem, but was unable to find somebody, even Mr. Ghandi Knowles-Thompson ? Risk Management Manager, who could solve the question. Finally, on March 20th, I stayed for over half an hour on the phone with the hotel director, Mrs. Deedee. And, believe it or not, after almost two months, I was told that all the hotel could do for me was to extend their previous offer to a 4 night stay. How they could possibly imagine I would want to spend more money on travelling after the torment it had caused, astonished me. I was then informed that, if I really sought reimbursement, I would have to take legal measures. As I live in Brazil, the time, trouble, and money I would spend to make my rights prevail are not worth the trouble it would cause me. Therefore, I just want make other people aware of this situation, so they won?t fall for the same trap, and have to face all the inconveniences I had to. Beware, everyone.

Henry W., 2013-04-04, 08:17PM CDT

aTLANTIS DOES SOME STUPID THINGS. I'VE HAD DEALINGS WITH THEIR PRESIDENT AND HIS SON, THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN PROFITS AND IGNORE COMPLAINTS.

cc34a5e9, 2013-06-16, 05:40PM CDT

I was injured on the river rapid ride. The life guard showed no concern as blood dripped down my leg. No bandage was offered nor directions to first aid. This is a dangerous ride that should be shut down or designed. The biggest problem is the staff allows too many people through the rapids at one time...causing the probability of people getting pushed up the side walls and flipped over. I seriously thought I was going to drown.