Windstream Communications - Windstream Communications bad business practices

Posted on Monday, April 1st, 2013 at 8:14pm CDT by Patrick S.

Product: Internet Provider

Company: Windstream Communications

Category: Internet Services

I signed up for Windstream Internet service, and signed a contract for 12Mb speeds. I am lucky to see 5Mb connections, but usually I get 0.70mb connection. I tried multiple times to contact the company about changing my connection to what was promised, and have had no luck. The company seems to do a lot of promising of services they can't actually provide. The company also likes to sell you a bundled package, but refuses to forward payments to other companies, which gets the services from them shut off. Which in turn, you get charged for equipment, early termination fees, and back payments never received from Windstream. The company seems to lie to the customers, and won't let you out of the contract early, even when they are in breach of that contract. I strongly recommend to NOT use Windstream for any products or services. Had them for 6 months now, and nothing but trouble the entire time. Windstream does a lot of false advertising, and bait-and-switch tactics.

Robin M., 2013-08-30, 10:39PM CDT

Internet companies do not promise a certain speed. Rather they say UP TO whatever speed, in your case 12 mbs.; UP TO are they key words. My internet is the same as yours, up to 12 mbs; however I have NEVER seen over 5 mbs. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do (and probably you as well) because the speed in not a guaranteed number.