FTD.com - FTD Pricing Scam

Posted on Friday, March 29th, 2013 at 1:23pm CDT by Carol W.

Product: Floral Arrangement

Company: FTD.com

Location: 3113 Woodcreek Dr.
DOWNERS GROVE, IL, US

URL: FTD.com

Category: Online Shopping

With the airlines, we know fares go up and down. It is disclosed and commonly known. I had no idea FTD operates its business using the same model. I ordered A bouquet for my mom-in-law (FTK524413) and the posted price was $44.99. It came up as $49.99 at check-out. I phoned and was charged the corrected price after a long hold time to customer service. I then went back on the website within 20 minutes to order the same bouquet for my mom. The price was $40. What? I tried to call but did not have time to wait on hold. I sent a complaint to customer service via email explaining about the pricing differences for these bouquets I planned for delivery on Sunday. I got this form letter response:

"Please accept our sincere apologies with regard to your recent FTD.COM purchase. We understand how important this gift is to both you and your recipient, and we are truly sorry it did not meet your expectations. We always strive to provide the very finest quality and service, so please let us assure you that all your future orders will be filled with the special attention and care that they deserve.

If you have any questions about your order, please call 1-800-SEND-FTD (1-800-736-3383)"

So I called again and was told they change prices, promos, etc. all the time.. I then went on the website with the rep on the phone only to see that the same bouquet was now $49.99 again. Anyway, I have no problem with this approach if it is disclosed. I stopped using 1-800-Flowers a few months ago and became an FTD Gold Member. The quality of the flowers at FTD is worse than other online companies I've used, and the pricing method should be disclosed somewhere in their ads!