Hot Book Sale - Beware of Htbooksale.com

Posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 at 1:40pm CDT by Ed S.

Company: Hot Book Sale

Location: Hotbooksale.com PO Box 810365
BOCA RATON, FL, 33481-0365, US

URL: hotbooksale.com

Category: Books

I bought a book from hotbooksale.com and was charged $19.95 a month in each of the succeeding 5 months. I finally noticed it on my Discovercard statement, and notified the company that I didn't sign up for that. They cancelled the account, but kept the money. Discovercard was able to get me back two months of fees, but I still was charged for 3 months. The company sent Discovercard a copy of the letter they supposedly sent me that informed me that I'd opened a $19.95/month membership with them. I never got it, nor do I believe they ever sent it. They also informed Discovercard that they sent me emails monthly that informed me of the status of my account. I never got any of them. They, simply, lied. Please beware of this company. They're out to take you for all they can get. Nobody really pays a company $19.95 a month to save a few dollars on a book, now and then. They trick you into signing for something that you don't want.

Business Reply  730a14fd, 2013-04-13, 07:02PM CDT

Hello, I'm Nick from the HotBookSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Please note that our membership program is optional and there is no obligation to join in order to purchase any of the products we offer. Also, there is no automatic sign up during your shopping experience with us. In order to become a member, you must first agree to the terms and conditions of our offer, which are clearly shown to you before you make a purchase.

Additionally, having a membership entitles you to exclusive money-saving benefits such as Free Shipping on your first order, $5 off the first in-stock item you order as a new member, up to 30% off regular product prices each time you shop, extra discounts every month and much more. Plus, you have access to DVDs, books, music, video games, posters, vitamins and more, all at deeply discounted prices. Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer products and services that our customers value. We ask that you contact our Support Team either by telephone or by submitting a support ticket so that we can help resolve any issue you may have with our products or services.

To contact us, please visit http://www.HotBookSale.com/support/

We also invite you to see what other customers are saying about our services, please visit our Testimonials page at: http://www.HotBookSale.com/store/testimonials.aspx

Sincerely,