Grant & Weber - Shake Down - Ongoing since April 2010

Posted on Monday, March 25th, 2013 at 12:28pm CDT by Carol W.

Product: Collection Agency

Company: Grant & Weber

Location: 26575 West Agoura Road Calabasas, CA 91302
CALABASAS, CA, 91302, US

URL: GrantWeber.com

Category: Products, Services

Back in 2009, I had a dispute over $150. with Blue Shield for a deductible on hospital stay at Northridge Hospital. Blue Shield agreed, in writing that it was due to their error. Almost over a year later (April 2010), I began to be harassed by Grant & Weber. Finally, after a long and involved series of complaints, written proof and "back and forth" with Northridge Hospital, Grant & Weber, and the credit reporting agencies.... Grant & Weber said they would remove the "seriously past due" ding on TransUnion and Experian. Now, almost 3 years later, I paid for a credit report to learn my FICO is 816, but the Collection Account (Grant & Weber) still appears on two of the most queried sources: TransUnion and Experian. I am tired of dealing with this and have great credit (except for this issue over $150.????) --- but wanted to vent somewhere when I saw that Grant & Weber had never removed it like they said they would. The reason I title this Shake Down is because I think that is what some of these collection agencies do. I have heard about law suits that are in process and as a general principle don't believe is suing. In this case, though, these collection agencies like this one need to be punished or they will continue on with their unethical ways!