Goodyear Tire - Goodyear Tire failures

Posted on Monday, March 25th, 2013 at 12:39pm CDT by Jim B.

Product: Gm vehicles 16" Goodyear Tires

Company: Goodyear Tire

Category: Products, Services

Over the past 10 years I have had a total of 5 Goodyear tires fail due to Twisted Belts on two different cars.

The first car was a 1999 Pontiac which had two tires with twisted belts, and the second car was a 2007 Buick which had 3 tires fail for that same reason.

Both cars developed vibrations and/or slow tire leaks which upon inspection at tire shops were determined to have twisted belts. These repairs were made at three different tire shops, of which, one was a Goodyear dealer. The tires had anywhere from 25,000 to 40,000 miles on them at the time of failure. One of the tires, the most recent failure, did qualify for a Pro-rated replacement to the tune of $170 for a matched pair. I declined and chose to replace with Michelin tires instead. I prefer to buy American, but I have bought my last Goodyear tire. You be the judge in regard to your future tire selections.

PS; I still have the '99 Pontiac with Michelin's which have 70,000 miles on them and are still running fine with no leaks or vibrations. The Buick is also Goodyear free now.