Sam's Club - Beware of the LIES

Posted on Monday, March 25th, 2013 at 2:00pm CDT by 547dd897

Company: Sam's Club

Location: 50 W. Merritt Blvd.
FISHKILL, NY, US

Category: Food

A couple of months ago, I was approached by a cashier at Sam's Club and offered a Sam's Advantage Plus Membership. I was told I could try the membership (not for free of course) and if I didn't like it, just pay the regular Membership fee when the bill came due.

Well, I just received the bill and Sam's Club sent me a bill for the Advantage Plus Membership, which I decided is NOT WORTH the money it costs.

Nowhere on the bill does it give an option to downgrade my membership. I called Sam's Club's 888 433-7267 phone number and spoke with Jacklyn. Jacklyn told me that I would have to pay for the Advantage Plus Membership and then go to the store and ask for a Membership downgrade.

I then called the store and asked someone in customer service how I go about downgrading my membership and sure enough, I had been lied to by the cashier that talked me into the Advantage Plus Membership.

In order to downgrade my Membership, I have to go stand in line at the customer service desk and tell them that I do not want their stupid Advantage Plus Membership. Had I know that I would have to do that, I would have told them to keep their Advantage Membership Plus.

Now here's the best part. The flyer that they sent me says my annualized estimated savings is $1,074.83. How they got that figure, I have NO idea.

So far, the MOST I have saved in ONE week is $7.50. Take $7.50 times 4 weeks and you get $30. Take $30 and times it by 12 months and it comes to $360. Let's not forget that there have been weeks since I got the Advantage Plus Membership where I have NOT SAVED ONE PENNY.

Another thing that I think is very unfair. I buy a lot of cat litter. Sam's Club advertised $2 off a bag of cat litter. I purchased THREE, but Sam's Club only gave me $2 off of ONE bag.

In my opinion, Sam's Club Advantage Plus Membership is not worth the gamble that you will buy enough to pay for the extra cost.

jamie a., 2013-07-30, 05:58PM CDT

I am going through the same thing right now with my membership. I am getting hassled 30 days in advance of my renewals every chance they get, online when I check out and again when I pay in store but I am never able to downgrade these ways I have to go stand in line at customer service to downgrade the membership that saved me almost nothing even when I spend $400 - 500 a week there. Not worth the membership fee!