cartalk autos - THEY SELL DANGEROUS CARS THEN ARE RUDE

Posted on Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 at 7:35am CDT by louise m.

Product: http://www.cartalk-autos.co.uk/

Company: cartalk autos

Location: ASCOT ROAD MAIDENHEAD 5L6 3SY
UK

URL: www.cartalk-autos.co.uk/

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I AM A 66 YEAR OLD DISABLED WOMAN, I BOUGHT A CAR FOR ?2400 ( WHICH IN HIND SITE I WAS PRESSURED INTO BUYING, WITH OUT TIME TO THINK, OR SEEK ADVISE)

THE CAR WAS GIVEN A "3 MONTH WARRANTY" SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OK AND WAS ASSURED THEY WOULD FIX ANYTHING THAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED.

IN ONE WEEK , AFTER HEARING A VERY LOUD NOISE WHEN TURNING CORNERS I TOOK IT TO AN INDEPENDENT GARAGE, WHO TOLD ME THE CAR WAS NOT SAFE TO DRIVE, AND GAVE A LIST WHOLE IS OF OTHER ISSUES, FROM STEERING TO BREAKS .

WHEN I TOOK THE CAR BACK THE GUYS, THEY WERE RUDE AND TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR A MECANIC WHO WAS A T A WEDDING AND DIDN'T KNOW HOW LONG HE WOULD BE. THEY MADE LATER SOME BOTCHED ATTEMPTS TO FIX, BUT MY INDEPENDENT GARAGE SAID ITS STILL UNSAFE, I CALLED THEM ASKING THEM TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN THE OWNER A ALEX ( PROBABLY SHORT FOR AN INDIAN NAME) SOUNDED DRUNK, IT WAS LUNCH TIME AND HE SHOUTED DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN I CHALLENGE YOU TO TAKE ME TO COURT ! I CALLED BACK HE HUNG UP.

NOW I HAVE MET SOME ONE ELSE WHO HAS HAD SIMILAR ISSUES, AND AM LOOKING FOR OTHERS. MY DAUGHTER IS NOW HELPING ME AND WE WILL BE INVOLVING ALL AGENCIES.

DO NOT TRUST BUYING A CAR FROM THIS CAR TALK AUTOS , MAIDENHEAD, THEY ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS AND THEY TELL LIES, IM STUCK WITH A 2 MONTH WARRANTY AND A DANGEROUS CAR CONTACT ME AS WE ARE TAKING LEGAL ACTION.

louise m., 2013-03-23, 07:52AM CDT

yes I have had very similar issues with these cowboys I recommend you stay clear from them. they sell over priced cars and then do not honer agreements, Ill be joining you in your fight ill email you now with my info

jonduf d., 2013-03-23, 08:15AM CDT

cartalk autos , CARS IN MAIDENHEAD, SECOND-HAND CARS IN MAIDENHEAD, AUTO TRADER MAIDENHEAD

I WAS TOLD BY this COMPLANY TO ACTIVATE MY STATUARY RIGHTS, SO I WILL, THEY DEPEND ON BADLY WRITTEN , UN CLEAR WARRANTY TO GET AROUND FIXING PROBLEMS THIS company SOLD ME A clanger TOO, THEY OFFER A TERRIBLE SERVICE AND I AGREE ARE RUDE ONCE YOU HAVE PAID , VERY PUSHY AND CLEARLY JUST BUY CHEEP KNACKERED CARS FROM THE AUCTIONS AND SELL THEM AND MASSIVELY INFLATED PRICES. I HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH BUYING FROM THEM AND WILL EMAIL.

jonduf d., 2013-03-23, 08:46AM CDT

maidenhead cars

auto trader maidenhead

car talk autos

cartalk -autos

second hand cars maidenhead

www.cartalk-autos.co.uk

these are some of the searches they attach too.

4117c07a, 2013-11-04, 02:11AM CST

THESE GUYS ARE LIARS. THEY BOUGHT A HONDA CIVIC FROM ME PRETENDING IT WAS NEEDED FOR ONE OF THEIR WIVES AND THE IMMINENT ARRIVAL OF A BABY! CLAIMED THEY WERE PRIVATE BUYERS AND THEN TRIED TO FIDDLE ME OUT OF THE AGREED PRICE. THEY MISREPRESENTED THEMSELVES AND THEN IMMEDIATELY ADVERTISED THE CAR AT A FAR HIGHER PRICE. FORTUNATELY WHOEVER BOUGHT IT GOT A SAFE CAR ALTHOUGH AT AN INFLATED PRICE. THEY ALSO LIED WHEN ADVERTISING THE CAR ON THEIR WEBSITE. I WOULD ADVISE YOU'D BE SAFER TO GO ELSEWHERE TO FIND YOUR NEXT CAR.

Sally A., 2014-02-03, 06:13AM CST

YEP I'M AFRAID THEY GOT US TOO, WISH I HAD SEEN A SITE LIKE THIS FIRST, WE WERE SOLD A SMART CAR BY THEM, WHICH WE HAVE HAD TO SORN!!! THEY HAD SHEARED THROUGH THE BOLTS CONNECTING THE TURBO TO THE ENGINE, THIS RESULTS IN DANGEROUS FUMES LEAKING INTO THE CAR AND ALSO NO POWER. WE HAVE CONTACTED TRADING STANDARDS - HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE DONE THE SAME. THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO TRADE!!!

OH YES INFLATED PRICES, PUSHY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ALSO IT CAME WITH 12 MONTHS MOT!!!! CLEARLY IT HAD NOT HAD AN MOT BY A LEGITIMATE COMPANY - UNFORTUNATELY V.O.S.A WEREN'T INTERESTED UNLESS YOU APPROACH THEM ON THE DAY THE MOT WAS ISSUED.

Shay, 2014-03-04, 01:36AM CST

Exact same things has happened to me. Lied to both me & my dad & mum saying this is a good car & all it needed was a minor service.

Taking into consideration I have a 11 week old baby, took the car to get a service but asked them to check the car as it sounded like it was a time bomb waiting to explode and the car is unsafe to drive and had a whole page of problems!! Clutch is gone, car basically has no brakes, car tyres are below the legal requirement.

Will be taking the car back & if they don't comply with the law we will be taking legal action! They are utter cheats & they as a company should be shut down as they are selling unsafe cars that aren't even road legal.

Shame on them conning people

Sally A., 2014-03-12, 06:44PM CDT

Hi Shay, I'm so sorry you've had the same experience I am going back to trading standards, this company needs investigating!!!!!

I hope you get it sorted

Sally

577c2b67, 2014-03-20, 06:27PM CDT

I purchased a car from Car Talk Autos on 15-March and am happy with their car and service.

I had seen this website before I completed my purchase but focused my comments to Car Talk on the car I was purchasing.

I had it checked by a mechanic friend before buying (in view of this site) and went ahead as the car (Mercedes B-Class) was best value for money and mileage on Autotrader. The other B-Class's I had seen which were newer were not as clean as this one but at a higher price which did not make sense.

So far, the car has driven well, today I had a full service completed by a local and the only additional thing they needed to do was replace rusty disk brakes (for peace of mind), which we had noted before completing the purchase.

The sales team were professional and we agreed what I consider a good discount for no part exchange.

So to readers of this site; I am adding my comments to fairly reflect balance for Car Talk Auto's as my experience to date has been a good one with their service and the car. Surely there is risk when buying any second hand car and if we were willing to pay circa 50%-100% more, then we would go to a main dealer for a newer car - but then there is still no 100% certainty, that the car would not have problems.

So we all have a duty of care to examine each car, and if you are not qualified, find and pay a mechanic to join you or call AA who will send an engineer within 3 days, to provide a detailed report. If you are not prepared to do this, then placing all the blame on the car dealer when something goes wrong is not entirely fair.

Good luck in your purchases.