Samsung - Samsung OTR microwave false promises

Posted on Friday, March 22nd, 2013 at 4:22pm CDT by Thomas M.

Product: Samsung OTR microwave

Company: Samsung

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

I purchased a Samsung 1000W 1.6 cu. ft. OTR Microwave Samsung in 2011. Within one month the microwave started to become loud and has progressively got louder. I called Samsung and was told my microwave was out of warranty but don't worry we stand behind our products. After being transferred to the executive customer rep I was told that this is your lucky day and it would be covered by warranty and Samsung sent a repair service to my home the next day. The repair was partially completed with a bill of $371.11 with additional parts needed. I called Samsung with concerns of the bill being high for this level of microwave. The customer rep told me that the parts are covered for 10 years and dont worry. Later that day with growing concerns I called Samsung again which the customer rep redirected me to the executive customer rep who told me that I dont care what we told you previously you are responsible for the bill, we are not covering anything and that is final. I asked the rep if I could speak to someone else and two days later Samsung senior executive customer rep called me and informed me that the decision was discussed and Im sorry that you were told that it would be covered but that doesnt matter and you are responsible for the bill and that if you have any further concerns with this call the president of Samsung.