Wireless Emporium - Cellphone scam

Posted on Thursday, March 21st, 2013 at 8:27am CDT by Vespaio

Product: cellphone

Company: Wireless Emporium

Location: 1410 N. Batavia St.
ORANGE, CA, 92867, US

URL: WirelessEmporium.com

Category: Telecommunications

I bought a cellphone which was supposed to be refurbished, but it had been heavily used. The password was the original owner's and I could not reset it, and the battery died after 20 hours on stand-by. I sent an email asked for these problems to be solved, or an RMA to return it. The email was received and confirmed, but I did not get an answer.

Two days later I sent another email (this is 6 days from the date of the order, 2 days from the receipt of the phone, and well within the 7 days necessary for the EZ No_Hassle {Return} Policy), asking again for an RMA. No response, so I called Lisa at WE, who promised an RMA, but never sent it.

I sent a third email the next day, but still no response. On the 17th I sent an email to their service department from inside their website asking them to send the RMA before closing on the 18th, or I would dispute the charges through my credit card company. They did not contact me, and I am filing the dispute.

This company is a fraud as far as I am concerned, and I will not deal with it again.