Arkham Studios

Posted on Thursday, March 14th, 2013 at 10:23pm CDT by James S.

Product: HP Lovecraft Figure

Company: Arkham Studios

Location: 7746 Clybourn Ave.
SUN VALLEY, CA, 91352, US

URL: www.arkham-studios.com

Category: Arts, Crafts

In August of 2011, I ordered an HP Lovecraft figure from Arkham Studios. When it did not arrive after two months, I contacted the owner, Bryan Moore, via e-mail. He responded saying he was busy filling orders and would get to mine "next." My order still did not arrive. I contacted him several more times for over a year. He replied to most of my e-mails promising to send my order "soon." The last contact was in January 2013 via Facebook. He apologized and said he would send my order "next week." Two months later, I still have not received my order nor been given a refund.

The phone number for Arkham Studios has been disconnected and Mr. Moore lists no physical address on his website. The last available address I've found for him is in Sun Valley, although I've heard that he has since moved to somewhere in Iowa. Like a lot of shady characters, I believe he is intentionally making himself difficult to track down. He continues to operate his business on the internet.

Dan L., 2013-12-22, 03:18PM CST

Rip off artist extradinaire. They arre'nt in Cali anymore but here's their new address.

Arkham Studio

621 So. Main St.

Sac City Iowa 50583

(712)662-8064 and 661-9579

He raised $28,000 over what he was trying for with his kick starter campaign and donated $1,000. of it so I would say that was some profit he made aside from ripping us all off for years now. There are a lot of people on the list.I can't wait for his next kickstarter because I will be in line warning people on day 1.

Dan L., 2014-01-09, 12:47PM CST

Back in November someone wrote on kickstarter: I'm really disappointed in the huge delay in getting out rewards...3 months late if it came today. Now you say you have to clear you decks and won't be shipping till after the holidays? Also, you encouraged folks to give beyond your $30,000 goal -- saying you would make a generous donation to the children's library. I was shocked to find out your "generous" donation was a measly $1,000.

The answer;A project like this is not for profit. Creating the bust itself cost quite a lot as well as crating, shipping and installing it at the library. Shipping charges for all the rewards, hidden kickstarter and Amazon fees all adds up too, so the donation to the children's literacy program was hardly "measly". They were very appreciative and we were glad to make the donation in Lovecraft's name and YOURS as a backer.

If it was not for profit and they don't allow raising of money and it says they don't even for Red Cross and big charity shouldn't he have stopped collecting money when he reached his goal?

On facebook he writes: Also, I'm noticing that sometimes folks think it's okay to leave the occasional negative comment here on posts. Those negative comments are deleted immediately and if the commenter persists, they are banned from the page.

And this is followed by 34 comments saying emails wont go through and where are orders.

He isn't an artist he is a conartist.

John K., 2014-04-12, 04:32PM CDT

The con artist is now going to raise money for another kick starter bust only this time its Poe. Hopefully after waiting for over 6 mos people wont be as quick to make donations to his pockets.I gave up on what I was owed but I did write to the Internal Revenue Service about him and his "business".

Nick, 2014-05-12, 04:04PM CDT

Hey all. I'm trying to get in touch with Moore for a story about the aforementioned Poe bust project in Boston. I'd love to hear your stories about him and the busts directly. Feel free to shoot me an email Nick[At]Streetwise-Media[Dot]com. Thanks!

David L., 2014-06-06, 02:07PM CDT

I have ordered two statues from Bryan Moore at Arkham Studios. I never received either of them. I have been waiting for nearly FOUR YEARS! Bryan has responded to me, sporadically, over the years, telling me to keep hanging on and that he has a mountain of backorders to fill. Of course he keeps on taking new orders and making that mountain bigger!

Then in 2013/14 he brought in a friend named Mike Kalb to run Arkham Studios while he focussed on creating the HP Lovecraft bronze bust Kickstarter. He said he was handing over the business to Mike. There were Facebook posts showing orders supposedly being shipped out. Around this time the Arkham Studios Facebook page removed the option to message them. And I noticed posts made by folks inquiring about their orders were removed and told to PM Bryan directly. In need of answers I finally had to contact the Edgar Allen Poe bronze bust Facebook page to get a response since no one had been responding to my emails for quite some time. Bryan told me that Mike's time was done and he had left, and all outstanding orders had been shipped out! He told me to PM directly through Facebook to see what had happened to my order. I did so and received no reply. I've tried again and again but Bryan Moore has stopped responding to me altogether, despite the fact that I have never been anything but pleasant to him and came to his defense over the years when so many others were calling him out as a scam artist.

I have no idea who is running Arkham Studios now as the Facebook and webpage have not been updated in a long time and Mike is gone, according to Bryan himself. Despite the fact that I and the others who have recently commented on the Facebook page have never received our orders, I can see Mr. Moore has moved onto the more lucrative world of Kickstarters, and he is soon to be launching his second Bronze Bust project for Edgar Allen Poe soon. I may be out around four hundred dollars and some pride but I urge everyone to not do business with this man. He is a smooth talker and may indeed ship the occasional item, but there are years worth of reviews here and elsewhere from those who never got their orders to show he is not worth your money.

2608e8c3, 2014-06-27, 05:11AM CDT

England. 2014-06-27

Just found this site, and having read through I can add another to the long list of people who have been led on by bryan (for over 2 years in my case). I ordered 2 pieces from Arkham in February 2012 and had many communications back and forth in the early weeks, with excuses as to why my order hadn't been shipped, but not to worry 'I always deliver!' ... Only he doesn't. Like the previous reviewer David L., I have deliberately made an effort to remain polite and even inject some humour into my communications, and appealed to bryan's sense of 'doing the right thing', but he seems to be only interested in himself, and his 'customers' appear to mean nothing to him - nor, surprisingly does his reputation - So many people have complained about him , that I'm surprised he just lets it all roll over him without a concern. If you ever read this Bryan - I kind of get it that you've laughed all the way to the bank with my money - hope you enjoyed spending it, but also hope that you don't sleep so well at night.

Stephan S., 2014-06-30, 12:04PM CDT

Sadly, this same unpleasant situation ocurred to me; more than two years ago I ordered a statue from Bryan Moore, and many excuses later I still did not receive it!

The few folks who received his goodies probably are his friends, so it seems that, for the rest of us, the only thing that we will receive from him is his mockery...