Dunlop/Goodyear - Dunlop continental II Tires have bubbles

Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013 at 2:05pm CDT by Eric C.

Product: Dunlop continental II tires

Company: Dunlop/Goodyear

URL: www.goodyear.com

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Reference #?1316579

I purchased two NEW continental II tires at State Tire and Auto in Wall Township NJ in mid February 2013 for my 2004 Altima for $300 ($150 each with installation). By the first week in March (less than one month later) I noticed a bubble on the side wall on one of the new tires (not even 1,000 miles on it). I contacted State Tire and Auto who said they won't replace it and offer no warranty on it and said to call Dunlop (owned by Goodyear).?

I called Goodyear and they scheduled an inspection at Nutley Tire at 66 Washington Ave, Nutley, NJ and they told me Goodyear/Dunlop won't warranty there tires for bubbles. They offered me a new tire (same crappy Dunlop continental II) for $113 (prorated offer).?

Almost ANY product you buy has at least a one month warranty. Not this company. I refuse to buy any other products from this company. They sell you a bad product. Then if it fails they make MORE profit by trying to sell you their bad product again only slightly cheaper. Shame on them. I'm telling everyone I know not to buy their products.?

Robert Allyn L., 2013-03-12, 08:45AM CDT

Side wall bubbles are caused by abuse. Like hitting pot holes or curbs to hard.

Abuse voids warranty