LSBF - LSBF - the Giant Ripoff continues!

Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 at 9:38am CST by Sandy Mac

Product: London School of Business and Finance

Company: LSBF

Location: UK

URL: http://www.lsbf.org.uk/

Category: Education

The complaints about this college's fraudulent activities are mounting, and have been so for years. How that have been allowed to get away with it is very strange indeed. Even now, the London School of Business and Finance is still ripping off unsuspecting and defenceless foreign students, as the following recent postings to a certain website (Huffington Post) indicate...

23:55 on 09/01/2013

Hi, I am studying in LSBF in MSc and when its time to choose the electives, LSBF is saying that the chosen electives by me and my friends are not available due to the high cost of lecturer and they cannot afford it. All of us are shocked with this news as we paid a hefty amount of money and chose this college because of that module only. Can we take legal action against them. if so how do we do. can anyone help us. if any suggestion please email me at [email protected] . many thanks

08:48 on 22/12/2012

I applied for MBA at London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) in July (the programme is awarded by London Metropolitan University). After paying deposit, they kept delaying issue me CAS although I sent millions of emails pushing them. Later by the end of July, the scandal of LMU was revoked license to sponsor visa for nonEU students. LSBF and LMU lied to me that they are unable to issue me CAS. i withdrawed from their programmed and requested for refund. LSBF sent me an email from noreply address saying that my case will be approved after 21-45 working days. I requested the refund in September so I expected my request should be approved in November. However end of November, i did not get any reponse from LSBF and contact their representative Alex Nguyen in Vietnam and Suzanne Lee in Singapore office. Then LSBF replied that my request for refund was approved and asked me provide account details for refund. However, since I gave them my details, they kept silence and no money comes to my account. I kept sent millions emails and makes lots of calls but there was just silence. I am not the only one who did not get refund from LSBF and do not know who to contact or any body can help us on that.

Please contact me at email address [email protected] if you can help me or give me advise how can i get out of this problem. Million thanks to you

10:39 on 22/11/2012

Scam Edu-business

I was promised a prominent MBA @33,000 pounds, and that I could stay for work in my profession for a period of two years.

After paying a large deposit and a further half up front and all the cost of relocating here they waited until the day class started to inform us that the former "internatioanlly acclaimed" program had been cancelled and we were now going to be on a different program. After all of us were livid the (prominent Sir so and so) dean of the university shows up over the next hour and a half BS session says ( I have the recording) dont worrry about it, I'll just have your degree say anything you want it to...finance, marketing..whatever you want it really doesnt mean anything..and...I'll give you a deans letter to boot. Plus because of the problem well even give hire two recruiters who will work to find you employment as well, just carry on....ABSOLUTE RIP OFF LIAR....nver followed through on ANY of it. They knew what they were doing recruiting us just to bait and switch and rip us off. I am further apalled with the comments of some on this that your higher learning are blatently ripping off students to which yuou respond...just get your education from home then? I am american and I can tell you, sure wish I did instead of this trash education....glorified Diploma Mill.

Icarus S., 2013-03-01, 04:22PM CST

LSBF have been shafting foreign students for years - it's common knowledge all over the UK. They make a very healthy profit by turning over students from Pakistan and other 3rd world countries mostly, kids who have no idea of their rights and how to go about complaining and getting their money back.

They are also like Rottweilers when it comes to silencing opposition. YouTube videos showing disgruntled LSBF students demonstrating outside their colleges are no longer available in the UK due to the vigorous activities of LSBF's 'legal department' (which is a stunning paradox, as the college acts illegally at virtually all times!).

If you are considering studying at LSBF, avoid the place, unless you want to risk losing ALL your money!

69a0c954, 2013-05-24, 06:19AM CDT

Guys, really what to do?!this is illegal how they behave! Where to complain??

hasan v., 2013-06-08, 12:31PM CDT

I am the next victim of that scam, people, please help.

Cant get my deposit back. The UKBA refused my visa, they claim they could not find my bank account details on my visa application form. Which was not true. The LSBF's visa advisor helped me to fill it. I cant make such an obvious mistake. Now LSBF says it is not their fault that I have been refused, therefore, I am not eligible to refunds!

oyun r., 2013-06-10, 06:01AM CDT

Hi all

Im a victim too. I started taking legal action. If anyone wants to join me here is my email add [email protected] if we take legal actions together it will be better. I have been to solicitor last week. He says college will have to pay all the expense court fee and solicitor fee. It will cost us nothing. Email me if anyone wants to take a legal action. If we just wait we will never get our money back.

Hafiz A., 2013-09-16, 04:12AM CDT

Dear sir/madam

I have one story regarding the international college fee scame with the international innocent students.

What happened actually, one of my cousion she just decided to visit UK on a student visa for higher study in London school of business and finance (LSBF). She lives in Pakistan.

She asked me, to apply on behal of her and made a payment of the fee ?2780.00.

Which I did on behalf of her in June 2013 with the trust on the college name.

I asked from the college before paying the fee how much you are going to minus,if she get refuse they said ?150.00.

She applied student visa and refused Unfortunatey.

Therefore, I contact with the college,she refused please do refund after minus ?150.00.

They were refused in July 2013 but the college refused to issue reset of the fee.

I checked on google regarding this college scame. I found around 60 cases against this college with same problems.

They are using british land to do professional scame with the innocent students , fortunately I'm livening in uk. I contact with you to highlight this scame but others can't. I have all corresponds email saved.

Please do help me in this matter......

Kind regards

Hafiz abubakr

Hafiz A., 2013-10-03, 08:01AM CDT

hi

all victims OF ANY COLLEGE ESPECIALLY LSBF please contact with the BAC, at the folowing address.

Fleet House, 5th Floor, 8-12 New Bridge Street , London , EC4V 6AL

TEL: 0300 330 1400 | FAX: 0300 330 1401 | WEB: www.the-bac.org

6b7d8795, 2013-10-26, 04:23PM CDT

WANT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST LSBF.

Hi there,

I did not get my money back from LSBF. IF YOU ARE A VICTIM LIKE ME, Can we take A legal action together? IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME : [email protected]

Hafiz A., 2013-10-26, 04:44PM CDT

Hi

My email. Please contact me.

On my email address :

[email protected]

We can take action together.

Regards

Icarus S., 2013-10-27, 05:34AM CDT

You fuckwit towelheads, don't you realise that you've been suckered and will NEVER get your back?! This 'college' rips you off because they know that you are too lazy or stupid to ever do ANYTHING against it.

You idiots make me laugh - so gullible and idle, you will never achieve anything. Go back to the 3rd world where you belong!

hasan v., 2013-10-28, 08:53AM CDT

guys, im trying this website.

Thank you Icarus,for cheering us up.

Sandy Mac, 2013-11-01, 05:50AM CDT

You can see LSBF exposed here:

ITV's Exposure goes under deep cover in Highly Trusted Sponsor status UK private colleges that rip off foreign students. The investigation includes, unsurprisingly, LSBF!

(UK only, you have to register, etc.)

550cf1d2, 2013-11-01, 10:53AM CDT

Hi all, we need to spread awareness of the documentary aired on ITV last week! Social Media is the key, don't forget to TAG LSBF!!! They deserve to be exposed to the wider public. This is now classed as information in the public domain seeing that they were exposed on national TV. Anonymity is for cowards. Be brave and fight for what's right. https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/exposure/series-21/episode-1-exposure-undercover-colleges

Holborn Harry, 2013-11-02, 08:33AM CDT

I see that they have THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS' BLOG NOW!!

Written by one of their past employees, apparently.

tejal s., 2013-11-13, 04:05AM CST

Hello there,

I am writing this mail with reference to petition against LSBF.

I am stuck like the any other person, the LSBF person did not let me know that I am not suppose to pay the deposit before validation of the course, and now I am not able to raise a ticket for refund as they are not providing me the password required to log in for MyLSBF.

The course is still not valid, so they made me change the university and the course, now it has been 3 months I have not received any confirmed news regarding my application status.

I have also heard news that they are having some trouble with their operations and might shut any time soon.

Do have a possible way out for this?

Please guide me through.

hasan v., 2013-11-13, 07:02AM CST

Hi tejal,

take the to small claims court, this is what I did.

It is easy to do it. Go online https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

it costs you ?100 pounds if your deposit to lsbf is under ?5000.

If they found guilty, they will pay this amount as well.

I am waiting for the results.It takes 28days.

I did on 6th of November 2013. Received a confirmation letter from the court last week.

Good luck.

I will post the results here!

Guys lets keep each other updated here.

Holborn Harry, 2013-11-13, 08:09AM CST

Let us know how things proceed, Hassan!

I hope you get your money back soon, as it looks like LSBF will 'disappear' soon, according to a reliable source of mine.

ucee H., 2013-11-18, 06:03AM CST

LSBF IS A SCAM AND THE ENTIRE STAFF ARE WELL TRAINED IN THE ACT. THEY DO NOT ANSWER CALLS, THEY DO NOT REPLY EMAILS. THE ORGANIZATION USES NO-REPLY EMAIL ADDRESS AND TICKET SYSTEM FOR REFUNDS SO THAT YOU NEVER GET TO SPEAK TO ANY KNOWN PERSON ON YOUR MATTER AND ALSO TO ENSURE THAT THERE INDIFFERENCE TO THE PLIGHT OF STUDENTS THEY COLLECTED FEES FROM ARE NOT PINNED DOWN TO ANYBODY IN PARTICULAR.

AS AN APPLICANT, THEY WILL TREAT YOU TOO WELL TO GET YOU TO COMMIT MONEY. THEY WILL GIVE YOU WHAT THEY CALL A "PERSONAL EDUCATION CONSULTANT". HOWEVER, ONCE YOU APPLY FOR REFUND, THINGS CHANGE, NOBODY GETS TO TALK TO YOU AND NEVER GET TO TALK TO ANYBODY AGAIN.

I AM PISSED OFF THAT THIS IS HAPPENING IN THE UK IN THE 21ST CENTURY AND HAS WENT ON FOR TOO LONG UNCHECKED!

I AM A VICTIM TOO, THAT'S HOW I BECAME SURE THEY ARE FRAUDULENT, THAT'S HOW I BELIEVED.I WAS WARNED BUT NEVER BELIEVED, PRIMARILY ON ACCOUNT OF THEIR CLAIMS OF GOOD PUBLIC REPUTATION AND ELABORATE PR.

LSBF IS SIMPLY FRAUD PERSONIFIED.

IT BAFFLES ME THAT IN SPITE OF THE MULTIPLICITY OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS INSTITUTION THAT THE UK GOVERNMENT HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING.

DO THEY HAVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT COVERING UP FOR THEM AND ENSURING THAT THE CRIES OF POOR STUDENTS ARE NEVER HEARD? SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.

SO SORRY I WROTE IN CAPS, JUST TO SHOW HOW BAD I FEEL.

Holborn Harry, 2013-11-28, 11:48AM CST

LSBF's bent lawyers have closed down the above blog site.

The new one is here: http://lsbf-fraud.blogspot.co.uk/

Enjoy!!

safdar haider, 2014-01-26, 08:39PM CST

Hasan

My name is Safdar Haider.

Please let me know what happen to your case, its been more than a month. If possible then let me know what was your issue. As I am also not getting my refund from LSBF. They promised to give me admission in Glyndwr University, as they said that they are partner with Glyndwr University, they even gave me a offer letter of Glyndwr University, but after I deposit my first installment, within a week they said they are no more with Glyndwr University. From last year July 2013, I am trying to get refund.

[email protected]

9762b0ed, 2014-02-28, 07:05AM CST

I am a lawyer and should be able to help you with trying to recover your money. I would be happy to provide some initial advice free of charge.

My email address is [email protected] and our website is www.redfernlegal.com

Please get in touch.

Tom Redfern

0417d38d, 2014-07-28, 08:34AM CDT

Hi I am a British student but I have also had problems I am currently studying at LSBF I am a single mother who wanted to attend uni for a better life for me and my daughter which is starting to look like a big mistake.

I get student finance (maintenance and loan) as I gave up work to study full time.

I started my second year on 5th June 2014 but LSBF have yet to get the course codes from LSBF so neither me or anyone has received student finance since January a lot of students are at risk of losing there homes and struggling to as they have no money and those who are working are also struggling as the last payment we had was back in January they keep telling us they don't know when these course codes will be issued the students are being kept in the dark.

I feel like I've started and may not be able to finish as I cant afford to lose my home and have a child to support my only option is to go back to full time work. A waste of my time.