Cut By Design LLC - Cut By Design LLC - Brian J Dougherty should be avoided!

Posted on Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 at 10:33am CST by 30e06154

Company: Cut By Design LLC

Location: 807 B4 Boulder Spring Drive
RICHMOND, VA, 23225, US

Category: Home, Garden

I just won a lawsuit against this guy. He was paid and never did a bit of work at the property. He has scammed others who have posted to complaints.com. He advertises exclusively on Craigslist (Richmond, VA) and his last known posting ID is 3639833420. The most current post (2-24-13) "leaf removal low low prices" and he signs almost all posts "Brian 909-2102". If you do use him, NEVER give him a dime until the job is complete!

Vishal P., 2013-04-14, 10:58AM CDT

I agree... I got ripped by this guy as well. Took the money in advance but never finished the job. Left my whole backyard in a mess and now he does not return the calls.

1181e5c1, 2014-02-20, 10:40AM CST

Brian Joseph Dougherty Cell 804-909-2102. Home 804-272-1842

Home/Business address 801 boulder springs drive APT B4

North chesterfield/Richmond, VA 23225

Illegally operated business. Receiving Social Security Disability and scamming the IRS!!! Does not complete work as promised!!!

Steals property from job sites!!!!

BEWARE!!!! REPORT TO POLICE AND IRS AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!

Tim, 2014-11-05, 05:29AM CST

Wish I had read this before hiring the idiot. Had no idea what he was doing and it was a simple grading job. He broke some of my sprinkler heads in the process because he had no idea what he was doing and never fixed them after many promises to do so. He stopped returning calls after a few weeks.

I paid for a new lawn and got mostly mud.

I reported him to the BBB and I'm going to report him to the IRS.

30e06154, 2014-11-05, 06:36AM CST

Do what I did, take him to court. The more we get on record, the more information the government will have about his Social Security Disability scam. He won't show up, he didn't for my case. It was quick and easy. I really didn't have to show the judge anything although I had plenty of evidence. I know it costs a little to file but getting the judgement was worth every penny. His address is there in a previous post. Go to www.courts.state.va.us/ and look him up in The City of Richmond, Chesterfield county and Henrico county. He's pretty slimy. I also reported him to the BBB and I'll be contacting the IRS today. I didn't know until today that he was collecting government benefits. Hopefully not for long ... and maybe he'll have a new address in Chesterfield County's Department of Corrections. We can only hope. His info: Brian Joseph Dougherty at 801 Boulder Springs Drive Apt. B4, North Chesterfield, VA 23225. Cell 804-909-2102 and Home 804-272-1842. Good luck - let's get him!!

Business Reply  4fef5848, 2015-01-08, 02:13PM CST

Tim as I have said before and have filed a complaint against you with the BBB the work was all completed and was inspected by an irrigation company as for the dirt and yard you received over the price that was quoted.

The dirt seed 4 times and richmond irrigation fixed. 2 valves and pipes. So saying you got ripped off is unethical you ripped me off as the amount you gave me went all into your yard receipts have been forwarded to the BBB and I feel you to have slandered as well as all here.

As for the last person to post that is my ex girlfriend trying to lie about everything. I did not steal anything and unless this is all recanted I will take you to court and I have proof all was done as promised.

Remember crossing the line of personal information is a federal crime

30e06154, 2015-01-21, 07:10AM CST

First of all, dream on, I was a client, not your girlfriend. Secondly, any information I posted about you is public information. As for federal crimes, scamming Social Security Disability certainly qualifies dirtbag!!

a79b0c7e, 2015-03-21, 06:48PM CDT

Really who are you then what address?

This is a place for legitimate complaints about work performed not anything else.

4b428fad, 2015-01-21, 09:02AM CST

Address 12404 Brimfield Lane

Phone 804.335.8111

CONTACT FBI (RICHMOND LOCATION) TO REPORT SOCIAL SECURITY FRAUD

112e68c7, 2015-03-31, 09:12AM CDT

I started working with Brian in early October of 2014 on a plan to remove my concrete walkway and replace it with pavers. I received the quote from Brian and was really happy with the cost estimate. He started work with a team within a few days. He removed most of the old concrete walkway within a day. Then the trouble started.

On Halloween evening he and his team were working on putting in the new walkway. This included sand and gravel. He then placed a series of 6-8 paver stones in a stepping stone type of pattern surrounded by river rock stones. It looked horrible. Part of this is my fault because I didn't require a drawing from Brian but I trusted his judgement feeling he does this for a living.

He then offered to "frame" the paver stepping stone design with flat tiles. Initially it looked OK but then we felt that nothing was level. Looked horrible. We then requested they be removed.

In his defense, the weather started to turn colder. I know nothing of this but he said he couldn't permanently secure the pavers until it got warmer. This was in November, 2014.

We stated that this design was not what we expected. He said that design would cost another $600. This was not what we chose to do.

Then the excuses started. What he said he would do, to make us happy, was to come up t=with the extra money out of his pocket. Finally, last week, after not doing anything physical to our unsafe and ugly walkway for 5 months, he agreed that he couldn't do anything to the walkway to ease our concerns and offered to pay us back 50% of what we paid him. I thought this was a sound solution and an honest attempt to Brian to end the nearly 6 month odyssey.

He promised to deliver the cash over this past weekend. He also promised to remove the pavers , stones and square tiles. yesterday. We have not seen him at all.

I have tried to call him via his advertised cell phone #. The mail box is full. He only responds via short emails. I am at my wits end.

30e06154, 2015-04-01, 06:21AM CDT

I am the original poster who sued Dougherty and won. I wish there was a way to let people know about his scams ahead of time. Did you find him on Craigslist? You won't be able to reach him. He said the same thing to me when I told him I was taking him to court. He said he would give back half of the money I gave him. He said it would cost me more to go to court, blah, blah, blah. I took him to court. He didn't show up and the judge immediately awarded the judgement to me. I didn't even have to show my evidence.

This isn't really what he does for a living. He lives off of Social Security Disability. This is merely his side work which is why he is generally cheaper than the competition. Plus, he doesn't do the work so he walks away with a handsome profit.

I would encourage you to sue him. It might cost you $35 or so but it's one more mark against him and his credit and the feeling of satisfaction is worth every penny. I'm sorry that he can't be stopped yet.

Good luck to you and your family.