iolo technologies - bad software this time

Posted on Monday, February 25th, 2013 at 4:07pm CST by hermogenes r.

Product: System Mechanic Pro

Company: iolo technologies

Location: 7470 North Figueroa street Los Angeles, CA 90041
LOS ANGELES, CA, 90041, US

URL: www.iolo.com

Category: Computers, Software

I bought System Mechanic Pro -sold by Tiger Direct- on May 10,2012 trusting that this software would improve and protect my Toshiba laptop as advertised by iolo technologies.The service to be provided by iolo technologies was for one-1-year and should have included all tools/products advertised: that is,speed up PC;Windows cleanup;Backup,security and privacy;Repair problems;Customization,reports & support.But after only 5 months-October 2012- I found that the malware/antivirus part of the package was suspended by iolo technologies,allegedly because service to this tool expired on that date.

After many months of back and forth contact with their customer support experts- and been led astray by their advertisement that "extending service for another year...." would lock in/continue all updates and malware protection to my system- I am unable to scan my computer against virus or trojans since this service has not been restored.Also,it seems that I will not receive any refund or redress to this unethical siphoning of my money.

Sure would like to know how I can denounce this issue to the Better Bussiness Bureau or any such entity investigating internet fraud.