HVAC Parts Outlet - Parts for Furnaces and Air Conditioning Units

Posted on Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 at 7:48am CST by Page H.

Product: Furnace-Draft Inducer Motor

Company: HVAC Parts Outlet

Location: HVAC Parts Outlet PO Box 44
WALKERSVILLE, MD, 21793, US

URL: www.hvacpartsoutlet.com

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

HVAC Parts Outlet provide horrible customer service. They are rude, speak to customers like they are stupid, ignore you, and try to rip you off!

I need a Draft Inducer Motor for my furnace because it is starting to go out, and when it does, my family will have no heat. I had the model number for my furnace, but did not think that I had the part number for what I need.

I started searching on the internet. I found HVAC Parts Outlet with the website address of www.hvacpartsoutlet.com. They claim on website "we can assist you in finding that hard to locate HVAC part to keep your home comfortable." I searched on their website and narrowed it down to 36 choices for the part.

Since I could narrow it down no further, I emailed them on Thursday morning to obtain help. By Friday afternoon, at 3:30PM CST, I had received no response. Therefore, I called them. The man on the phone did not give me his name, but was extremely rude and talked to me like I was stupid. He told me that since I did not include the complete model number, they just deleted my email with no response. He said that is their common practice.

I gave him the complete model number(I thought that I had before), and he let me know that he was in a hurry because they were heading out the door. He claimed to find the part and told me that it would be $415.18 and did I want it shipped by UPS. I asked for the part number. I wanted to make sure that he was sending me the correct part because that is a lot of money. He told me that they do not give part numbers, and that if I wanted to wait and order later, he would give me a reference number. I wrote down that number and ended the call.

Now, I was upset because he was no help and was horrible to me. I found a tiny sticker on the part on my furnace, used a magnifying glass, wrote down all the numbers on it, and continued my search on the internet. Through this, I figured out the part number and found on many, many websites that sell HVAC parts my part for $60.00-$170.00. Whatever he was going to sell me was either the wrong part, or he was trying to rip me off!

Therefore, I emailed them at about 4:30PM CST. I stated "Thanks so much for being so rude and not helping me. Since I did not give the full model number the first time, you just ignore. I will purchase from anywhere, but you. I will be sure to let everyone know what a horrible company you are." I received a quick response to this email at 5:42PM CST which was "Your Welcome". I could not believe how rude they are to customers. And-they ignored the email when I needed help, but respond quickly to be rude! Plus, I thought they were headed out the door!

Please, do not purchase anything from this business. They will rip you off and treat you like dirt.

Business Reply  Earl M., 2013-02-27, 02:27PM CST

In order to for HVAC Parts Outlet to provide the correct information to our customers, we require the complete model number. During a customer request via online a link and a picture is provided to show exactly what we require. Carrier and Bryant units have a 2 numbers. One is a model and the other is a product. We require the product number to properly reference any part. The system we use is a website offered to us by Carrier/Bryant and they set the standard for how to look up parts. If a person cannot provide the information as we require even though we ask and display an example of what we require, then it is not our concern.

We are here to provide a service. Not answering an email does not constitute poor customer service. If a customer is in dire need of an item and wants our free assistance immediately we do provide a toll free phone number. Our policies do dictate we do not look up part numbers and just give them to anyone who wants them. We are not a technical support center.

If the above mentioned customer already had a part number, then why be upset?

We serve thousands of customers a month and we have positioned ourselves as a leader in the online retail of HVAC replacment parts.