Standard Insurance - Over Charge on Acct

Posted on Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 7:00pm CST by Stephanie J.

Product: Home Insurance

Company: Standard Insurance

Location: TX, US

Category: Products, Services

I overpaid on my account to roll into the next year. During the roll over they misappropriated the funds and could not tell me where some of the money went to, yet demanded I pay the difference of the bill, even though they were off. I provided statements and went over the accounting several times with them, which they didn't want to hear. All I wanted was to see where my money went to that was not applied correctly and all they said more than once was, you can pay what we want or you can find another insurance company. When did business's stop listening to the customers? If I billed you and you challange me and I can not prove in writing that I am right by showing you the beginning balance, the payments received and document any fees that you need to know about and give you the ending balance, then I don't have a ground to stand on with that challenge. I can't believe people are so ready to throw customers away instead of getting out the pen and using the calulator to make sure the customer is right, instead of assuming that what is on their screen is correct. This company really saddens me.