Board of Barbering and Cosmetology - State revenue is number one!

Posted on Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 12:54am CST by James M.

Company: Board of Barbering and Cosmetology

Location: 2420 Del Paso Road Suite 100
SACRAMENTO, CA, 95834, US

URL: https://www.dca.ca.gov

Category: Health, Beauty

On 01/31/2013 I was trying to relax and have my pedicure at Leau Vie nails in Vista when all of a sudden this rude lady walks in and tells everyone to freeze. It felt like we were all under arrest. I heard the lady yell at the girl working on me that her license needs to go where she goes. ?This is you? she yelled ?you have to take your license with you when you greet customer up front?.

Once the lady left I asked my girl who that was. She told me she works for the state board of cosmetology. My girl told me she was just fined $1000 for not having her license with her. I guess having it displayed at her station is not good enough. Does she have to wear it around her neck? My girl also said that the lady was just there a couple of months ago and didn?t have any problems.

At my business the fire department will make regular visits to make sure there are no hazards. You are given time to fix the issues and it seems safety is the number one concern. In what happened today it appears revenue is the number one issue. At my business I need to display my business license in a prominent location, a car salesman has to display their license in a prominent location, I have no idea where my doctor is required to carry his license but I have never seen it around his neck. So, the person I trust with my life does not have to carry their license with them but the girl who does my nails does? Really? Is this made up just to collect $1000 for our bankrupt state of California?