- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
Sharcnet-USA - Selective repair service
Posted on Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 10:20am CST by Brian M.
Product: Small Electronic Repair - Garmin GPS Repair
Location: P.O. Box 295
LAWRENCE, PA, 15055-0295, US
Category: Consumer Electronics
REFUSED REPAIR SERVICE:
This is not about me but a RIGID Sharcnet-USA QUOTE BUSINESS POLICY and rules(written/unwritten) they have created in order to adhere to it.
Sharcnet-USA PAINTS THEMSELVES INTO A CORNER and then blame the customer. Their quotes are written in granite and they choose not to deviate from them even when a customer is willing. Here are a few of those rules:
1) Will/prefer not to repair customer/3rd party opened GPS Device.
2) Must include all accessories requested by Sharcnet-USA.
3) Must disclose how and who damaged the GPS Device.
4) Sharcnet-USA will have to provide their unwritten rules you may violate.
ALL THESE RULES COULD BE ELIMINATED IF Sharcnet-USA would NOT provide a QUOTE on SIGHT UNSEEN GPS Devices.
- Provide an estimate on devices shipped to their shop FOR A FEE. The fee could be applied to customer approval of the repair estimate.
- If accessories that could be the cause of the problem aren't included with the device Sharcnet-USA could include the price of a replacement accessory in the estimate.
There are a lot more details which could be listed.
It's not rocket science. Vehicle Dealer Services, Vehicle Brake Services, Electrical & Plumbing Contractors, small electronic repair shops have been doing business this way for years.
Sharcnet-USA is the only business I have encountered that provides quotes sight unseen and does not deviate. Then if they create an unhappy customer that has the audacity to complain about their lack of service they go into great effort to blame their customer based on their absurd rules.
Sharcnet-USA thinks that returning an UNREPAIRED GPS and REFUNDING your money makes a happy customer. They wasted my time and theirs. If they changed their business model at least they wouldn't waste their time(THEY GET PAID FOR THE ESTIMATE). My time would only be wasted if the repair estimate was more than what I was willing to be pay, but that would be MY FAULT.
Maybe Sharcnet-USA will update their Business Model but I'm not holding my breath.
YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK.