Intuit - QuickBooks Pro

Posted on Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 7:24pm CST by Don M.

Product: QuickBooks Pro

Company: Intuit

Location: Intuit Corporate Headquarters 2632 Marine Way Mountain View, CA 94043
US

URL: http://www.quickbooks.com

Category: Business, Finances

Problem. Quickbooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license....reinstal. Get same error. I HAVE A VALID SOFTWARE LICENSE THAT I PAID GOOD U.S. DOLLARS FOR! Reinstalling the software results in the same Fatal Error. QuickBooks Support tells me that my software is 3 years old and I need to upgrade for $200!

This is Extortion!! I have all my customer data in this software and need to do my monthly accounting. It is $200 dollars or else.

Can you imagine if Windows 7 stops and Microsoft said your software was 3 years old and you need to purchase Windows 8? I have had a PC since IBM first came out with theirs. I have purchased a lot of software and this has never happened before.

This software is used by a small business and I do not need any new features. I only want what I PAID for!!!

Beware! Intuit and Quicken are crooks!!!

Michael P., 2013-04-01, 05:07AM CDT

I faced this issue just recently. I followed instructions on the Intuit QB support site, which included using a clean install utility that did some additional housecleaning after removing QB using "Programs and Features" in Control Panel. Still no love.

After several attempts, I added two additional steps, the first of which I believe was the critical one.

1. I deleted the Intuit folders (all of them) under the Users folder. I think this is where the license file that caused the problem was located.

2. I manually deleted references to Intuit in the registry after backing up the registry using system protection.

I noticed that when I did the supposed clean install as documented on the support site, the license number still showed up as the previous license in the dialog where you enter this during the install. I think that was a bad sign in this instance.