NextWorth - Paid only 39 cents for a completely working Blackberry

Posted on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at 9:25am CST by Karen L.

Company: NextWorth

Location: TAMPA, 33629, US

URL: www.nextworth.com

Category: Consumer Electronics

Update: A couple of weeks after I requested my item back (see below) they decided to pay me more than the initial 39 cents. They sent me an e-mail saying they had deposited $39 in my Paypal account. That was a more fair price, although I still feel it is too low. I should NOT have had to complain in order to get that amount. I wouldn't do business with them again.

I used their online form to get an estimate of the value of my Blackberry Bold. There was no mid-range condition on the form to check -- you had to say the phone case had damage or no damage, and the screen had damage or no damage. For example, there was no way to advise there was one small scratch on the back of the case. My Blackberry worked perfectly, and it had only two tiny scratches in places that didn't affect the display.

The online form told me they would pay $79 dollars for the phone. I printed their shipping label and carefully boxed the phone up. I wiped the phone clean and included a car charger, the ear plugs, and electric outlet charger. Weeks later, I got an e-mail saying they would pay only 39 cents. The e-mail said the case and screen were considered "damaged." I can understand taking off $10 per scratch, but paying 39 cents for a barely scratched, fully functioning phone and all those accessories is simply unfair.

I sent an e-mail saying I would pay the return shipping if they'd send the phone back to me so that I could donate it to a worthy cause. Instead, I got an e-mail saying the 39 cents had been deposited in my PayPal account.

Instead of letting this company profit huge, unfair amounts from your old phone, donate it to a charity program. Many domestic violence centers, homeless centers, and military charities will put the phones to good use.