Walkerton Auto Services, Inc. - Owner Won?t Release My Car

Posted on Friday, February 8th, 2013 at 11:32am CST by Greg P.

Product: Automobile Repair/Service

Company: Walkerton Auto Services, Inc.

Location: 6003 Canterbury Road Walkerton, VA 23177
WALKERTON, VA, 23177, US

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

The owner (Woodrow Clark) of Walkerton Auto Services, Inc. (WAS) will not release my car. My Nissan Maxima has been in the possession of WAS for at least one year. The car had been in the possession of my nephew (former employee or independent contractor of WAS) who, unbeknownst to me at the time, left the car at WAS when he stopped working there.

All of my contacts with Mr. Clark were by telephone. On 11-09-11, I informed him that I wanted to repossess the car. On 11-21-11, he informed me that HE WOULD ONLY NEED A COPY OF THE TITLE TO RELEASE MY CAR. On 11-22-11, I mailed him a copy of the title and he confirmed on 12-14-11 that he had received same. From 12-21-11 until the present, I have contacted Mr. Clark on a weekly and/or daily basis to find out when my car would be available for repossession and he has told me one LIE after the next. I even made arrangements (2 times) with Mr. Clark and a Junker for the Junker to pickup my car: both times Mr. Clark did not make my car available for pickup. Mr. Clark has repeatedly told me that he would deliver my car to the same Junker, which he has never done.

On 10-29-12, I filed a Complaint against WAS with the Richmond Better Business Bureau (BBB). When the BBB contacted Mr. Clark, he told them that he would be "making arrangements" to have my car picked up, which he never did. My BBB complaint was closed as "UNRESOLVED?.

I SIMPLY WANT MR. CLARK TO IMMEDIATELY RELEASE MY CAR TO THE ABOVE JUNKER (OR, IF NEED BE, ANOTHER SALVAGE COMPANY OF MY CHOOSING). I HAVE SATISFIED MR. CLARK?S ONLY REQUIREMENT FOR SAME RELEASE (COPY OF THE CAR?S TITLE). I ALSO WANT MR. CLARK TO STOP GIVING ME (AND OTHERS) FALSE STATEMENTS AS TO THE STATUS OF MY CAR.