Universal Lighting Inc. - Fraud and Poor Customer Service

Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 at 8:50pm CST by marcia e.

Product: WK2444-22 Alice Floor Mirror

Company: Universal Lighting Inc.

Location: 1250 Broadhollow Road
FARMINGDALE, NY, 11735-3910, US

URL: bowerylight.com

Category: Home, Garden

I ordered Floor Mirror on December 12, 2012 as a gift to daughters in New York. My credit card was charged on December 18, 2012, except the product was "backordered" (I was told later by the company) since I placed the order on December 12. Curious that it immediately went out of stock after I ordered. When there was a delay in delivery, I called the customer service number and left a message, but received no response, I also e-mailed to cancel the order.

Finally I received an e-mail reply on January 26. The representative said that the order could not be cancelled because it was being delivered within 24 to 48 hours. I continued to ask for a cancellation number. Nine days later, on February 4, later I was given a tracking number for UPS and that said that it would be delivered on February 5. So Bowerylights.com said the product was being shipped in 24 -48 hours, when it wasn't.

Lastly I was treated like an imbecile by e-mail, where the representative didn't even communicate in full sentences. She just sent a number, which I had to guess was the tracking number for shipping and not the cancellation number that I had requested.

I have had to fight my credit card company to cancel the initial charges. Bowerylights said that they will add another charge for restocking if I return the product. I have had to call UPS, out of the country, to arrange for a return pickup.