Sears - SEARS appliance non-repair

Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 at 10:01am CST by Rich G.

Product: Kenmore Stove

Company: Sears

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

Six year old Kenmore stove purchased at Sears overheats. Sears should be able to service what they sell, right? Wrong. Service guy comes out and determines I need a new thermostat/thermocouple. Service guy has no parts. Have to order part shipped to me and have service guy come back for another service call at cost of $250 in advance. Two weeks later a different guy who can barely speak English shows up and installs part. Five weeks later, exactly one week past service warranty oven begins turning on by itself. This time having learned a valuable lesson we call an independent appliance repair man who tells us that we didn't need the thermostat at all and fixes broken igniter at cost of another $250. Obviously we would have been better off buying a new stove but we had no way of knowing that Sears was about to rip us a new one for $250. Lesson learned. Sears - you suck and will never see another dollar of my money.

547dd897, 2013-02-08, 09:36PM CST

Why are you paying Sears a dime if the stove had a service warranty? Parts and labor should be included with the warranty and if Sears charged you, you should file a complaint with your State Attorney General.