AMAZON.COM - Wrong product and Amazon doesn't come back my money.

Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 at 12:09pm CST by M?rcio R.

Company: AMAZON.COM

Category: Online Shopping

In december/2012 i was in New York and bought a cell phone, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800i Unlocked Phone and Gaming Device with Android OS and Slide-Out Gamepad, through AMAZON. The product was delivered in the hotel. The order number is 111-9722667-0658646.

I don't live in the United States, but in Brazil. When I've returned to my country I've checked that the model sent was R800x instead of the model R800i of the cell phone Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.

The model R800X doesn't work in my country because the technology used is CDMA.

Firstly i've kept in touch with the seller (ORDERINSTANT) to solve the question, but they didn't agree to pay all taxes involved to send the product to Brazil.

I've activated my A-Z Guarantee in AMAZON.COM, but for my surprise they've denied to send another product or come back my money.

The e-mail from Amazon is below:

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing you to follow up regarding order 111-9722667-0658646. The tracking information for UPS 1Z49248R0395845828 indicates that this shipment was delivered to your Hotel.

Please note that we are not able to assist with a Marketplace order that is shipped to a hotel as we can only guarantee the order to the shipping address provided. As a result your claim has been closed.

Thank you for your understanding."

It's an absurd. I've ordered a product and they've sent a wrong product.

Now Amazon simply doesn't want to return my money with this stupid argument.

In the AMAZON's website there isn't any information about aren't allowed ships to hotels.