The Law Offices of Prince & Associates - SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 8:47am CST by Patrick R.

Product: Loan Modifications

Company: The Law Offices of Prince & Associates

Location: 7800 Peters Road, Suite 200
PLANTATION, FL, 33324, US

URL: www.tloopa.com

Category: Law, Civil Rights

So get this! I hired this law firm in Florida to help me out with a loan modification. They wanted $1,500 up front and $500 to negotiate with my lender. I was a little hesitant but really needed the help. The guy handling my case, Will Smith (not kidding that's his name), told me I can't be guaranteed for a modification but I have a good chance of getting one. Sounds confusing right? So, I went along and waited. Supposedly it takes 30-90 days for mods to be completed five months later, nothing happened. I called up and demanded to speak with someone in charge about the situation, was put on hold, and then hung up on. Since then, they won't answer my calls nor respond to my e-mails. I am filing a complaint with the ABA about this David Prince guy. People like him should not be allowed to help others if he's ripping them off.

Rosa V., 2013-01-24, 09:53AM CST

My problem was similar as well. I was behind in my mortgage about seven months with no assistance from my mortgage company. So, I decided to reach out to a law firm my friend recommended I call. They sounded very sincere over the phone and honest. The law firm did charge an upfront retainer fee but promised to start right away. After two months, no one from Prince & Associates kept me in the loop regarding my case even though they claim a case manager would be assigned to my situation. After spending over $2,000 with no one ever contacting me and having to call them only to be put on hold or passed around from one phone rep to another, my interest rate only changed from 7.8 to 6.75. I felt upset by the results and learned a valuable lesson: always research those you go into business with.

Earl G., 2013-02-17, 05:17PM CST

I could not disagree more with either the original complaint or the comment. Prince and Associates helped me stay in my home. While processing my documents I was lost and overwhelmed. The counselor Molly helped make sense of it and straighten everything out. My rate went down over a full 3 percentage points from 7.25 to 4.00. Thank you Prince and Associates for coming across fro me and helping me stay in my home