Sears - One top tip for dealing with Sears ? Don?t!

Posted on Monday, January 21st, 2013 at 8:27am CST by Nigel C.

Product: iPhone

Company: Sears

URL: www.sears.com

Category: Online Shopping

I saw a great offer on Sears website for as mobile phone. Turned out it was too good to be true.

After making me call their security centre (2nd international call being for half an hour), they and securing my bank?s commitment to payment they then presented a range of excuses including a pricing error and blaming a 3rd party vendor. The vendor they blamed didn?t even receive my order which was placed with Sears (Sears also taking payment).

After that it was a series of minor disasters; My bank made me change the credit card as they insisted Sears transaction had exposed me to potential fraud; there was further expense of phone calls; many hours were wasted with over 40 emails; letters to the CEO and Sears Chairman were completely ignored.

What should you do it Sears appear to be offering a good deal? ? My advice is very definitely to look elsewhere unless you have a lot of time on your hands, extra money to waste on expensive calls, aren?t worried about fraud on your credit cards and a thick skin to deal with a series of different ?customer service? reps.