ASUStek - Do not buy ASUS products

Posted on Saturday, January 19th, 2013 at 4:05pm CST by Cory M.

Product: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Company: ASUStek

URL: asus.com

Category: Consumer Electronics

My complaint is under the idea that if a manufacturer's warranty says it will replace a product if that product is defected then they should. The fact that my motherboard was defected to the point where the Crosshair IV Formula Edition Motherboard set itself on fire and this apparently isn't included in the warranty EVEN though it was not my fault the defect was there. I did not overclock it, or do anything that was not allowed to the motherboard. But ASUS wants me to send them 175 dollars for THEIR mistake. I'm OUTRAGED at their lack of customer support. The SUPERVISOR of the day I called in to their customer support told me if I didn't OVERCLOCK it, or if the motherboard showed NO signs of overclocking then I should receive a new motherboard under the idea that its a manufacturer's defect in the product.

But now I'm sitting here, with no computer, because ASUS can't own up to its own mistakes. I will NEVER use ASUS products again for the fact that they don't own up to their mistakes. The reason I'm so angry, is the fact that the motherboard lasted 3-4 MONTHS, before it broke. And now I'm sitting here with 220+ dollars out of pocket trying to find a new motherboard for my computer that I need for school. They've wasted my MONEY and my TIME by giving me False hope they could fix the problem and own up to something that ANY other company would own up to.