Best Buy / Pacific Kitchen and Home / Frigidaire - Poorly manufactured products

Location: Consumer Relations 3931 Workman Mill Road Whittier, CA 90601
WHITTIER, CA, 90601, US

URL: http://www.pacificsales.com/catalog/

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

I purchased a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator from my local Best Buy store, which apparently Best Buy aquired Pacific Kitchen and Home. I had to purchase a new refrigerator because my first Frigidaire side by side refrigerator, that I purchased from Warner Stellian ONLY 6 years ago, decided to crap out on December 22nd. I was told by the repairman that the compressor went out and it would cost me over $1200 to replace. I went to Best Buy and placed my order for which I had to wait 2 weeks for delivery because of the holiday, then after only having it for 2 weeks, the in-the-door water and ice dispenser will not dispense water. Called for service and the repairman said I need a new water valve. How can this be when the refrigerator is only 2 weeks old??? I'm not sure who is at fault here, Frigidaire for making such horrible appliances, or Pacific Kitchen and Home or Best Buy. Why would a brand new appliance need service within 2 weeks? There was a reason why I purchased a refrigerator with ice and water dispenser!!! So I could have ice and water. I am going to call them EVERYTIME something happens with this refrigerator and make them service it for the entire 1 year warranty. My neighbor has a Montgomery Ward refrigerator and it is still running strong. My suggestion, do not purchase Frigidaire appliances. I am hoping I did not purchase a lemon, but my intuition tells me otherwise.