Soundboatworks.com - Take your order and your money but never deliver

Posted on Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 3:07am CST by 151e7225

Product: Sailing supplies

Company: Soundboatworks.com

Location: 12 Hammock Road S
WESTBROOK, MA, 06498, US

URL: http://www.shopsoundboatworks.com/

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

In July and August of 2011 I ordered a rudder conversion kit and misc. parts for my sunfish from Sound Boatworks. The rudder kit was ordered online and the parts via follow up phone call. My Credit card was charged immediately for a total of $521. Over the winter of 2011-2012 I contacted the owner, a Mr. Boynton several times via email and phone to ask where these parts were. Each time I was told they were backordered. On 7/5/12 I got fed up and cancelled my orders during a phone conversation with a customer service representative on the 800 number and the next day via email.

I last spoke with them on 7/9/12 when I was told ?We will credit your credit card but it might take a few weeks to post?. After waiting several weeks, sending emails and a certified letter that was not responded to I called my credit card company and requested that they refund the charges. That took months - eventually I received a full refund. I lodged complaints with the Better Business Bureau, and the Connecticut Attorney Generals office.

This company is rated F by the Better Business Bureau, 1 star by Yelp and the 1 star by the Harford Courant.

Judging by several other reviews of this merchant it is standard operating procedure for them to advertize goods they don?t have, never deliver and then fail to refund your money.

I suggest you take your business to a legitimate website run by people who actually have ethics.